Whats a good benchmark for CPU and GPU?

sack_patrol

I need to get a benchmark for my PC, and I need something that's CPU and GPU in 1 if possible. I've heard that Futuremark has some nice benchmarks, but I don't know which one I need. I can see in theyr website 3DMark and PCMark, but I don't really understand which one is for what. I need some suggestions for nice benchmarks. Futuremark has a good rep. so it be nice if they had a CPU and GPU benchmark...it would make things a little easier. If they have 2 different software for gpu and cpu then that would also be nice since it's the same brand.

Thanks.

So 3DMark Vantage makes CPU and GPU benchmarks? If so thats excelent, and as soon as I get my cpu cooler I'll be on my way to overclock city.

What about PCMark Vantage? What does it do?

I think that 3DMark Vantage is for Windows Vista only? If it is what can I use for Windows XP?

Edited by ballist1x

So 3DMark Vantage makes CPU and GPU benchmarks? If so thats excelent, and as soon as I get my cpu cooler I'll be on my way to overclock city.

If you're wanting to do stability testing I recommend using a cpu specific test for overclocking the cpu and a gpu specific test for the gpu. So if you meant stability test I use Prime95 and Fur Mark, I also use 3DMark06 for benchmarking, its pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...
I think that 3DMark Vantage is for Windows Vista only? If it is what can I use for Windows XP?

3DMark Vantage and PCMark Vantage require DX10, so they only work on Vista and 7.

You can fall back to 3DMark06, plenty of people still use it ;)

Edited by Zertz

• 8 months later...