Is this a good liquid cooling Setup?

badstewie

I'd avoid ThermalTake products. I don't know what the one you listed is specifically, is it just a flow meter? There are better brand out there. There are also better tubings out there, like PrimoChill and Tygon. What are you planning on using for a fluid? I'd use distilled water+silver. The 220 rad won't be enough for a 295 + CPU, what is your setup like? You probably need 2 220s or a 320 and a 220.

Just use Premixed car coolant :)

Distilled water does a better job.

The setup looks pretty solid but I would go with a 320 rad. Really the cooling differences between 1/2 inch and 3/8 tubing is not much to speak of. Akso you dont tneed the flowmeter to impact liquid flowq through the system.

Just use Premixed car coolant :)

Water is actually better at transferring heat. The only reason you add "coolant" to your car is to

-keep the water from freezing in the winter

-inhibit rust

since neither of those things would be an issue in a computer, I'd stick with (distilled) water as mentioned above :D

I'd avoid ThermalTake products. I don't know what the one you listed is specifically, is it just a flow meter? There are better brand out there. There are also better tubings out there, like PrimoChill and Tygon. What are you planning on using for a fluid? I'd use distilled water+silver. The 220 rad won't be enough for a 295 + CPU, what is your setup like? You probably need 2 220s or a 320 and a 220.

+1

and also agree on the distilled water + a biocide additive.

each to their own ^_^

I've been slapping car coolant into mine for a long time - Talking a 5 - 10% concentration here... with no negative side effects...

Coolant is also a lubricant :P

It also seems to keep the living stuff at bay and the copper on the water blocks nice and shiny

I Used to use distilled water - but the beauty in car coolant is i can just stick tap water in...

Edited by shibby_geek_guy_69

• Swiftech MCP655-B pump-$129.00

• Swiftech MCRES Micro Rev2 Reservoir-$45.00

• Swiftech MCR220-QP Stackable Radiator-$85.00

Replace the pump and res with MCP355 pump and the XSPC Reservoir pump top

That rad looks pretty wimpy for all that

xspc rx series rads are supposed to be pretty good, and they are priced very well since they're comparable to thermochills/feser xchanger.

In the USA they cost:

XSPC RX240 is $71.95 and is good, it is better than one swiftech mcr220

XSPC RX360 is $94.95 and would be enough to keep your stuff cool [i can't find the review but it had 600watts of heat at ~15C over ambient with medium RPM fans (I think they were 1800RPM)]

Edited by xchrissypoox