$25 Best Buy Gift Card

davidst

This is just a rant so you may want to close it now.

A summer intern out at work had a laptop that was not working due to a virus.

So being the nice guy that I am I told him to bring it to me and I would fix it for

free thinking it was a 30 minute job.

Well long story short I ended up having to reinstall windows and be as it may

all the drivers for his machine.

Well he gave me a $25 gift card to be nice knowing the extra effort and time

that was spent.

But my question is what can you buy at Best Buy for $25?

And why do people do that?

It's not like you pay $23.50 and get a $25 card it's

$25 for $25 so why not just give someone cash? <_<

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But my question is what can you buy at Best Buy for $25?

Bajillions of DVDs and CDs? Those are always the old favorite, I think. Also, old classic video games (console or PC) are also great and cheap ideas.

Because I can't go to the grocery store and use a Best Buy card to buy food.

Perhaps the gift was not intended to be spent on mundane expenditures like milk and bread?

I try to give gifts that are things people want but wouldn't usually buy for themselves. I see a $25 BB card as saying something like "Hey, go swing through the DVD section and pick out something you wouldn't normally buy yourself. It's on me!" Or maybe "You know how you've been wanting Mario Galaxy, but you're not sure it's worth $50? Well how would you feel if it was only $25?!"

You could try selling it to someone.

Otherwise I have to agree with you it's really just $25 dollars wasted.

I really don't agree with this ungrateful attitude at all. People should be grateful when they receive payment for work they didn't expect to. Even if it's not in a form they're not used to. Kids are spoiled these days.. <_<

You offered to do it for free so he may have felt that you wouldn't accept cash.

That's a good point. A gift certificate is harder to turn down because they already went to the trouble of getting it.

Otherwise I have to agree with you it's really just $25 dollars wasted.

What a rotten way to look at it... :glare:

I really don't agree with this ungrateful attitude at all. People should be grateful when they receive payment for work they didn't expect to. Even if it's not in a form they're not used to. Kids are spoiled these days.. <_<

Kids are spoiled these days"

I'm 54 years old :rolleyes: and all I was saying is where is the value of paying 25 for 25 and there is 3 Fry's Electronics in Houston and I have Netflix so why would I go to BestBuy?