Getting my first cert

Compxpert

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Study before to keep some of the items fresh. Get a good nights sleep. Review your answers after the test, before you hit "score".

I figured someone would say that. I did just that for todays practice exam and scored an 87 on it needed 83 to pass to be eligible for the voucher to take the actual exam. Whats pass/fail on most exams?

I got the self test software when I took the server+ test, it helped alot. Most of the practice questions where very similar to the ones on the exam. GL man let me know how difficult it is. I would like to get that one, but w/ 22 credits this semester and three other certs, its just not in the books right now hehe.

I got the self test software when I took the server+ test, it helped alot. Most of the practice questions where very similar to the ones on the exam. GL man let me know how difficult it is. I would like to get that one, but w/ 22 credits this semester and three other certs, its just not in the books right now hehe.

Yeah I used self test software too very useful. Thanks.

Well after getting rescheduled once... I finally have it... Says I gotta wait 5 days though and log into their site and check my info.. after which they mail it in... 4-6wks. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

That sounds more like a rebate than a certification paper. :lol:

Edited by Compxpert

Study a lot of the memorization type terminology... I'm bad at memorization and Net+ was a total pain for that unlike MCP/A+... which is pretty much common sense/trouble shooting.

lol then MCP should be easy as hell as Net+ was a breeze for me. I've studied A+ b4 but never got a cert.

lol then MCP should be easy as hell as Net+ was a breeze for me. I've studied A+ b4 but never got a cert.

A+ and Net+ are easy compared to other certs.

MCP or the 70-270 which I assume your going for gets tricky because the questions are typically about trouble shooting XP in a domain and in a business environment.