Getting my first cert

Compxpert

Both A+ and Net+ are easy, but they throw things in there that you will ever rarely use, so depending on how many questions are like that, it could make it a little difficult. However, passing should still be relatively easy, and it doesn't matter what you actually score as long as you get that Cert. Unless you specifically go into an IT company, I doubt many companies even realize that you're given a score.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news for ya Comp.... CompTia's member website has been down all month long while they "migrate to a new database". :angry:

However, congrats on the cert.

It still says they will mail my fulfillment kit in 4-6wks... It just took away a step in the process.

I never got a pin when I got my A+ or Net+ either.

They probably stopped sending them to save money. The last 2 Certificates I got from Comptia aren't even printed on special paper anymore no special marks the paper looks like it came out of an ink jet printer. Even Microsoft is cutting back know if you want a Cert paper you have to download and print it yourself from the MCP members website. If you want the Welcome kit they charge you extra (the first welcome kit use to be free) they say there doing it to save the Environment but its just an excuse to make more money off of you which is shame considering how much time and money you have to put into getting certifications.

I'll tell ya all what I get when it gets here.

All I got when I took server+ a few months ago, was two pieces of paper. The certificate, and a letter with the membership card attached. Both were made via a laser printer and not that classy :(

Edited by greengiant912