5870 price range

N.E.A

11 inches long but to me it felt lighter than some of the other monster size cards I have.

Really? It just seemed heavy to me for a video card. It may be to my limited experience with other cards though.

I thought the two red intakes at the front of the card with a black background looked like the Adam West Batmobile. I think I saw a picture of that somewhere and upon seeing the card the resemblance was striking.

So far it seems to run pretty cool in my setup. Highest temp I've seen so far immediately after gaming is 47C with the fan speed set at 50%. It's running 33C at idle.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really? It just seemed heavy to me for a video card. It may be to my limited experience with other cards though.

I thought the two red intakes at the front of the card with a black background looked like the Adam West Batmobile. I think I saw a picture of that somewhere and upon seeing the card the resemblance was striking.

So far it seems to run pretty cool in my setup. Highest temp I've seen so far immediately after gaming is 47C with the fan speed set at 50%. It's running 33C at idle.

how's the noise at 50%?? I couldn't take anything more than 40% on my 4890

how's the noise at 50%?? I couldn't take anything more than 40% on my 4890

I would say very similar but possibly a tad less. I personally don't mind the noise at all at 50% fan speed but some may. It's hard to say as it's really a personal thing. I never used the reference cooler model of 4890 but did with an Asus 4870. I found the 4870 a little noisier than the 5870.

I would say very similar but possibly a tad less. I personally don't mind the noise at all at 50% fan speed but some may. It's hard to say as it's really a personal thing. I never used the reference cooler model of 4890 but did with an Asus 4870. I found the 4870 a little noisier than the 5870.

I usually just leave my fans on auto if it's an ati card since they can handle the high heat more than I can handle the high noise. If the fan speeds needs to increase, than increase it may :D. I remember after crysis'ing for an hour or so the 4890 was at 35% from the auto fan, so I assume even 40% is adequate for pretty much anything (the card was OC'd too)

It was bittech

yeah I saw that when I as trying to register for bittech's 5870 contest, while I was there I also checked out the best high end graphics cards of today (which was a review between the 4870x2, 285 and 295). It made me happy to have my 4870x2, though all cards shined in one way or another

Edited by IVIYTH0S

IVI said before that 2 gtx 275 consume less energy than one gtx 295 ................

While I don't know if IVI said that I know it isn't true, they use almost the same amount of energy, but stock the 275 uses more because of it's higher clocks.

Only have 2 PCI-E slots and they are pretty close together with this m-atx board.

PCI flexible extender

PCI physx card?

even if you don't want that (physx is dumb anyway) I like to stare at those pce(-e) flexible extenders and think of the possibilities.

Edited by xchrissypoox

I certainly did not :D, the dual pcb probably used about the same but the single may use a bit less power.

yes you did , remember when we (you , me dave [wacko] ) were talking about hating the dual gpu card

about gtx 275 / gtx 295

you said it consumes more energy than 2 x 275 and i said : sweet i like being green

maybe you meant a little bit .....but you did ...:)

Edited by N.E.A

While I don't know if IVI said that I know it isn't true, they use almost the same amount of energy, but stock the 275 uses more because of it's higher clocks.

PCI flexible extender

PCI physx card?

even if you don't want that (physx is dumb anyway) I like to start at those pce(-e) flexible extenders and think of the possibilities.

man that card is a rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrip. lol

PCI flexible extender

PCI physx card?

even if you don't want that (physx is dumb anyway) I like to start at those pce(-e) flexible extenders and think of the possibilities.

http://www.orbitmicro.com/global/pe-flex4-p-757.html

This is relevant to my interests in keeping my current X-Fi... Only since the 4x i have on my board is blocked by the 4870 or any dual slot card... if the extender makes it usuable then I can use the middle pcie slot for an nvidia card for physx

Edit: anyone whos doing Ati + Nvidia for PhysX does the 8800GT work well with high settings on say Arkham Asylum? A single slot card would also enable me to use that slot.

Edited by Compxpert