5870 price range

N.E.A

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Installing two video cards? Did you read my post? I've just said the X58 is not any better than the 790FX. Both do maximum 2x16 or 4x8. None will do 3x16 or 4x16.

And what do you mean "amd cpus can not keep up with 1 or even 2"? One or even two what?

i mean gtx 275 /4890 or any card performs better with q9550 than with x4 955 ....:)

i just read the review the card really rocks ,

but as i thought the fan still noisy , but the temps is what i want to know i read the review in a hurry so i will check it again

if any one saw the temps please inform me and save me the effort :P

just kidding i will read it again , grrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrr my gtx 275 got beaten by a none physx support card :(

dam dam dam dam :typing::lol:

my hand tells me go and get one but my head tells me wait for gtx 300

i will wait for them since i want physx ..................:P

wacko are you there the fan boy is back :P

i just read the review the card really rocks ,

but as i thought the fan still noisy , but the temps is what i want to know i read the review in a hurry so i will check it again

if any one saw the temps please inform me and save me the effort :P

just kidding i will read it again , grrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrr my gtx 275 got beaten by a none physx support card :(

dam dam dam dam :typing::lol:

my hand tells me go and get one but my head tells me wait for gtx 300

i will wait for them since i want physx ..................:P

wacko are you there the fan boy is back :P

you could always get the 5870 and then run the 275 as a physx card (which would be wasteful), or get the 5870 and then sell the 275 for an 8800GT/GTS physx

i mean gtx 275 /4890 or any card performs better with q9550 than with x4 955 ....:)

That does not make sense. The graphics card does not perform better, it's the CPU that does. And by the way the Phenom II X4 955 wipes the floor with the Q9550 hands down. It even beats the Q9650 most of the time.

That does not make sense. The graphics card does not perform better, it's the CPU that does. And by the way the Phenom II X4 955 wipes the floor with the Q9550 hands down. It even beats the Q9650 most of the time.

I scored P15736 in 3DMark Vantage with a Phenom II 965 at 3.7Ghz and P14739 with a Q9550 at 3.4Ghz. Wish I had overclocked them to the same speed in hindsight. That was with the same video cards-2 4890s. I thought they performed about the same. Neither was an extreme overclock but a rather mild overclock. Those are synthetic benchmarks of course but I couldn't tell a difference in any games I played. Both systems performed rather well with everything I threw at them. You wouldn't make a mistake choosing either though the 775 platform is fading away. I'm sure both could have pulled off a much higher overclock but it wasn't needed to enjoy any games including Crysis.

Even an i7 at 4.3Ghz with hyperthreading enabled only scored P19552 with the same pair of 4890s. I'm not gaming on a 30" monitor either but a simple 22" which I'm sure many use. At this resolution I haven't found any games that are CPU bound but will benefit from a stronger GPU in system-stressing games. The AMD, core 2 quad, or i5 will easily suffice as long as a strong GPU is used in my opinion. That's with overclocking to easily reached speeds in mind. At stock speeds some may bottleneck but I don't know. The 965 I didn't need to overclock at all to game, 3.4Ghz was plenty of speed right out of the box. I probably didn't need to with the Q9550 but it hit 3.4Ghz so easily that I was able to overclock it and undervolt it at the same time.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...howtopic=157559

I scored P15736 in 3DMark Vantage with a Phenom II 965 at 3.7Ghz and P14739 with a Q9550 at 3.4Ghz. Wish I had overclocked them to the same speed in hindsight. That was with the same video cards-2 4890s. I thought they performed about the same. Neither was an extreme overclock but a rather mild overclock. Those are synthetic benchmarks of course but I couldn't tell a difference in any games I played. Both systems performed rather well with everything I threw at them. You wouldn't make a mistake choosing either though the 775 platform is fading away. I'm sure both could have pulled off a much higher overclock but it wasn't needed to enjoy any games including Crysis.

Even an i7 at 4.3Ghz with hyperthreading enabled only scored P19552 with the same pair of 4890s. I'm not gaming on a 30" monitor either but a simple 22" which I'm sure many use. At this resolution I haven't found any games that are CPU bound but will benefit from a stronger GPU in system-stressing games. The AMD, core 2 quad, or i5 will easily suffice as long as a strong GPU is used in my opinion. That's with overclocking to easily reached speeds in mind. At stock speeds some may bottleneck but I don't know. The 965 I didn't need to overclock at all to game, 3.4Ghz was plenty of speed right out of the box. I probably didn't need to with the Q9550 but it hit 3.4Ghz so easily that I was able to overclock it and undervolt it at the same time.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...howtopic=157559

:withstupid:

That's another proof that the Phenom II outperforms the Core 2 Quad since it is clocked higher(at stock), and that the videocard performance has nothing to do with the CPU. You could believe such a silly thing if the CPU is the bottleneck and that you upgrade it, but the videocard performance will not increase, by all means it is the CPU performance that increases; you just changed it!

But of course as rourkchris said you won't see any difference in real-world gaming when the bottleneck is the GPU.

is not the cpu limiting the card performance , :rolleyes:

a more powerful cpu can keep up with gpu than slower one ......

am i wrong..? :closedeyes:

Well yeah we could say it is "limiting" the graphics card performance. If the CPU is a bottleneck in a given game, then you cannot really see what the GPU is able of, but its performance is still there and ready to show at the very moment the CPU is not a bottleneck, or in any other application that does not require the CPU.

For example, your GTX285 F@H performance won't decrease because you have a lowly E7200!!

But in your previous example, the Q9550 would have higher chances of bottlenecking than the Phenom II X4 955, and definitely not the inverse.

Edited by The Smith

Well yeah we could say it is "limiting" the graphics card performance. If the CPU is a bottleneck in a given game, then you cannot really see what the GPU is able of, but its performance is still there and ready to show at the very moment the CPU is not a bottleneck, or in any other application that does not require the CPU.

For example, your GTX285 F@H performance won't decrease because you have a lowly E7200!!

But in your previous example, the Q9550 would have higher chances of bottlenecking than the Phenom II X4 955, and definitely not the inverse.

ok , may i ask why the Q9550 would have higher chances of bottlenecking than the Phenom II X4 955...?

:)