5870 price range

N.E.A

just looking at all the pix today of the x2 lol looks like ill be fabricating a bracket to hold it up! lol i remember with the 4850x2 i had to hold it up with zip ties to the frame of the case in order to handle all its weight and size and this is bigger... on a side note anyone getting ride of any 200 Series nvidia cards i can use for physics ;)

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it is a beast , 5870 is about 10.8 inches , 5870x2 looks longer :(

:lol: i remembered what IVI said ,

I did honestly believe there would be a 5870x8 because I read it there.l

:lol:

Edited by N.E.A

just looking at all the pix today of the x2 lol looks like ill be fabricating a bracket to hold it up! lol i remember with the 4850x2 i had to hold it up with zip ties to the frame of the case in order to handle all its weight and size and this is bigger... on a side note anyone getting ride of any 200 Series nvidia cards i can use for physics ;)

just get a 9600GT or 8800GT :thumbs-up:

Finally some #s. Looks to be a great card! Gives the 5870x2 and a future 5890/5890x2 something to shoot for.

Just ordered a 2nd 5870. If newegg gets it out the door today it will be here tomorrow and I'll throw up some 3DMark #s tomorrow night. I'm hoping to run the 2nd card @ 900/1300 if it will do it like the 1st one does. Also hope to run with a maxed out CPU clock of 4.63Ghz.

Finally some #s. Looks to be a great card! Gives the 5870x2 and a future 5890/5890x2 something to shoot for.

Just ordered a 2nd 5870. If newegg gets it out the door today it will be here tomorrow and I'll throw up some 3DMark #s tomorrow night. I'm hoping to run the 2nd card @ 900/1300 if it will do it like the 1st one does. Also hope to run with a maxed out CPU clock of 4.63Ghz.

:withstupid: 512 shader cores will really crank some powah!