creative vs genius

N.E.A

hello every one i want to pick a sound card just to try them and see the difference between it and the on board

http://www.geniusnet.com/

http://asia.creative.com/products/product....mp;listby=usage

i know they are 5.1 and i have 8 channels on my board but my speakers are 5.1

so which one to get ..........?

Unless you have severe problems with your onboard sound like the audio cutting out or glitches/noise, you'll be hard pressed to hear or measure a difference between a Genius soundcard and modern onboard audio. The SoundBlaster 5.1 is very low-end for Creative and not really an "upgrade" in sound quality (except if you have the aforementioned problems).

Unless you have severe problems with your onboard sound like the audio cutting out or glitches/noise, you'll be hard pressed to hear or measure a difference between a Genius soundcard and modern onboard audio. The SoundBlaster 5.1 is very low-end for Creative and not really an "upgrade" in sound quality (except if you have the aforementioned problems).

+1 agreed,, low end sound card not better than on board

+1 agreed,, low end sound card not better than on board

i am just trying the card i want to know what makes people get a sound card while a board like mine has a very very good sound , and some one told me that a sound card makes things much easier for the cpu is that correct ..

some one told me that a sound card makes things much easier for the cpu is that correct ..

How much easier are we talkin? the difference in cpu usage I am seeing from playing audio to paused is like 2% in task manager on a non overclock anthlon 5000+ on onboard audio <_< . this someone you heard this wasn't wrong, they just weren't very right.

Edited by gabrieltessin

the thing to pay attention to with sound card is eax support...

if you get one with eax support it is way better than onboard (assuming your onboard doesn't have it).

try a decent sound card once versus onboard and most likely never look back...

used to feel the same way as some have posted about here and have changed outlook on it.

don't know about genius sound cards, but don't care for creative (using creative at the moment).

if you want something really good, check this out...

notice it has eax 5.0.

however, if you must go creative, the first one linked looks like a piece of junk (an example of low end) and one that would most likely prove that onboard is just as good as a sound card...

on the other hand, the second one linked also has eax 5.0 and would most likely blow the socks off (metaphorically speaking) of anybody who still thinks a soundcard isn't worth it.

and maybe if you're not a hard core gamer it still isn't worth it, but if you care about sound, it is...

hands down.

as far as alleviating stress from a cpu, if your cpu is even a decent dual core you're probably not going to notice a thing.

Edited by Maj0r Gamer

thank you all guys , that asus card i will get it for my next build using m4n82 deluxe

as for the system i have now i will get a creative high end card

like this one

http://asia.creative.com/products/product....813&listby=

what do you think of it a very good looking card with my i7 , music and gaming are going to be fantastic with it

If you're deadset on having an X-Fi card, I'd much rather you get the Auzentech X-Fi Forte. It has all the features of an X-Fi card from Creative, just its built with a much higher quality DAC and op-amps. You'll get a much better sound with the Forte over anything that Creative makes.. Auzentech makes the X-Fi chipset sound how it should, they do what Creative never will.

going to agree with bp9801 on the auzentech, just don't care for creative...

if you go creative you will probably end up fighting driver problems the whole time.

maybe not right away, but when that card starts getting outdated and you want to upgrade the driver, creative just doesn't seem to be able to deliver...

otherwise, that last card you linked, n.e.a, is quite a soundcard.

If you're deadset on having an X-Fi card, I'd much rather you get the Auzentech X-Fi Forte. It has all the features of an X-Fi card from Creative, just its built with a much higher quality DAC and op-amps. You'll get a much better sound with the Forte over anything that Creative makes.. Auzentech makes the X-Fi chipset sound how it should, they do what Creative never will.

i have never heard about Auzentech before , but i will research it more and see if i could find reviews for it , and thank you for your suggestion

going to agree with bp9801 on the auzentech, just don't care for creative...

if you go creative you will probably end up fighting driver problems the whole time.

maybe not right away, but when that card starts getting outdated and you want to upgrade the driver, creative just doesn't seem to be able to deliver...

otherwise, that last card you linked, n.e.a, is quite a soundcard.

ok thank you all guys i will read reviews about them and then i will come again and tell you the updates before buying the card

only one more question , what about asus cards the one was suggested and those

http://www.asus.com/ProductGroup2.aspx?PG_...eBXUzMkKnQuGLGK

the gaming sound cards

all i care about when buying a sound card is gaming and watching dvds , and some music

or should i get one of the home theater ....?

Auzentech X-Fi Forte and X-Fi Prelude would be much better choices than anything Creative makes; Auzen uses much higher quality parts in them. The difference is the Forte is a PCI-Express and the Prelude is just regular PCI. Both would be good choices if you do a lot of gaming and want the benefits of EAX in the supported games.

If EAX doesn't matter that much to you, I'd check out the ASUS Xonar D2 or D2X, the D2X being PCI-Express and the D2 just PCI. Either of them would give you a great overall sound for music, games and movies.. just you don't get true EAX support. You get GX or DSGX mode, which emulates EAX and the sound is pretty good.. just certain games can have problems with the GX mode and its better to leave it off for them, but its mostly the games from KOEI (Dynasty Warriors). Otherwise, GX mode works really well to emulate EAX, but again, its not true EAX and certain effects aren't replicated exactly but it does a pretty good job with it.