unique cooling conundrum

The catch with adding case fans is...if you're just leaving the side off, adding case fans isn't going to do you any good...the intake fan will just blow out the side, and the exhaust fans will just suck air from the side as well.

If you're case won't close because an excess of wires, it really sounds like you need a larger case. There are some really decent ones for dirt cheap. Antec 300, CM centurion, etc etc. Even a dell can be put into a standard case, the PSU's are pretty much standard, and they should be using ATX or mATX boards.

theoritical: I have two 120mm fans and I affix them to blow air INTO the case instead of out of... is that even better than OUT?

you want one fan in the rear of the case acting as an exhaust fan. Then the other fan should be at the front of the case acting as an Intake

you want one fan in the rear of the case acting as an exhaust fan. Then the other fan should be at the front of the case acting as an Intake

those already exist. (at least the front one, there isnt any room for a read one.) I was thinking of using two additional fans on the side (where the side panel is missing) both as INTAKE fans facing the hot PCIe tuner card. I cannot use this household fan forever. it's inconvenient and other people need it. I sorta confiscated it .... ))