Steam question

Gr4vitas

Just a quick question, I have call of duty 4 that I didn't buy from steam I got it from a store, I wanted to register it on steam but when I enter my key in steam it just says its invalid.

I really have no idea why its giving me this, I checked and steam does sell call of duty 4 so I don't see why it shouldn't work, is there something I don't know about it?

Edit: Also I bought the game from direct2drive.com (e-retailer) I don't know if that would have anything to do with it.

Edited by Gr4vitas

this is why i don't like steam

Not only did he buy the game outside Steam, but he bought it from a direct online competitor. There are various reasons people dislike Steam, but I fail to see how this can possibly be one of them :rolleyes:

Not all 3rd Party games cd keys will be accepted on Steam. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article...=7480-WUSF-3601

The workaround is to install the game normally then use the "add non-Steam game" button. It will shortcut the game into your My Games tab and you can still use Steam Community within that game. Unfortunatly, everyone on your friend's list will see you labeled as "In a non-Steam game."

Edited by Krazyxazn

Not all 3rd Party games cd keys will be accepted on Steam. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article...=7480-WUSF-3601

The workaround is to install the game normally then use the "add non-Steam game" button. It will shortcut the game into your My Games tab and you can still use Steam Community within that game. Unfortunatly, everyone on your friend's list will see you labeled as "In a non-Steam game."

Yea I was going to do that if I had to just so it'd be convenient to launch from steam. I was really hoping to be able to add it to my actual game list though. Oh well.