Cooler for i7

WReXSTi

What is the best cooler for my i7 D0 stepping? I want to overclock and i would like to know if a Hyper N is good or not. Also, is the Dark Knight better or the Hyper N 520? Thank you for your help.

Thanks. My i7 idles at 45 degrees celcius because of the room im in and I could use a cooler to bring that temperature down.

My i7 while its C0/C1 stepping idles around 39-52 Overclocked to 3.6. I use the Domino A.L.C

Only about $40 more then you're paying for that Hyper N

Good cooling will cost you some cash but it depends what you are comfortable with temperature wise.

The Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 and TRUE are both good coolers but fall outside your budget. The Gelid Silent Spirit falls inside you budget but is about 7 to 10 C better than stock if i remember right

My i7 while its C0/C1 stepping idles around 39-52 Overclocked to 3.6. I use the Domino A.L.C

Only about $40 more then you're paying for that Hyper N

I have D0 stepping and mines idles at 45 on stock cooling in a compact space (I really wanna get it outta there though).

Good cooling will cost you some cash but it depends what you are comfortable with temperature wise.

The Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 and TRUE are both good coolers but fall outside your budget. The Gelid Silent Spirit falls inside you budget but is about 7 to 10 C better than stock if i remember right

And I might have around 60 for a cooler most but I didnt wanna spend that much.

i have a friend that has his i7 920 overclocked to 4.3ghz on air using a Coolermaster V10. only problem with that cooler is the size ITS HUGE but since hes using the HAF 932 case hes got plenty of room for it. His temps sset idle at 30c with load temps of 52c in 3dmark06 and 75c using intel burn test

i have a friend that has his i7 920 overclocked to 4.3ghz on air using a Coolermaster V10. only problem with that cooler is the size ITS HUGE but since hes using the HAF 932 case hes got plenty of room for it. His temps sset idle at 30c with load temps of 52c in 3dmark06 and 75c using intel burn test

The V10 is quite a bit more expensive then his $40 budget though...

By compact space, do you mean the computer is stuff back in a cubby some place or is it in a small computer case? that might affect recommendations on a cooler..

Edit: Oops, silly me should have looked at your sig.. you have a NZXT Tempest