Coolermaster v10

My friend is going to an oversea trip, and he paid me like 30 bucks to build him a gaming rig. Anyway, he bought a antec 1200 like i told him, but he made a bad mistake - cm v10. That . is HUGE. IMO he should have bought a damn TRUE and paid me the money to lap it. Im collecting the parts the day when he comes back, but im tad worried. Will the cm v10 fit into the antec 1200? I'll list the specs : i7 940, ASUS p6t deluxe v2, 1k watts cosairs hx, 2x 1tb caviar black in raid 0, cosairs xms 3 3x2 gb.

My friend is going to an oversea trip, and he paid me like 30 bucks to build him a gaming rig. Anyway, he bought a antec 1200 like i told him, but he made a bad mistake - cm v10. That . is HUGE. IMO he should have bought a damn TRUE and paid me the money to lap it. Im collecting the parts the day when he comes back, but im tad worried. Will the cm v10 fit into the antec 1200? I'll list the specs : i7 940, ASUS p6t deluxe v2, 1k watts cosairs hx, 2x 1tb caviar black in raid 0, cosairs xms 3 3x2 gb.

Should do, the 1200 is a huge case, and the v10 doesnt go over the size of the motherboard width and length wise, only issue would be height but the case is wide enough.

Hm yea I might be a little concerned about it hitting the ram but usually if you rotate it at all it will fit, and also the 1200 has the fan on top and at the back so any way is really fine. If I was in that situation I wouldn't worry thought since if it doesn't fit really it isn't my fault, it's his fault for not doing his research. If it doesn't work out, tough luck for him.

My friend has a V10 and its TWICE as big as it looks in the pictures.
Yeah, even when I got my Xigmatek S1283 I was in awe at how big it was.

It isn't huge or anything and obviously it has to fit a 120MM fan on there but I guess I just didn't think of that as I opened the package...

:lol:

So it won't obstuct the ram or anything?I'm worried because he is gonna blame me if it doesn't fit. he asked me what is the best x58 cooler, (which i believe is the cm v10) so i told him that, i was going to tell him to buy a true, but too late, he already bought the giant pos.

not too sure though, i think its the xms. But then again, it could be the dominator. All he said was: I bought a totally 1337 ram from teh 1337 company which is cosairs. I think i'll have to take some money outta my pocket to build him a custom water cooling system. Damn it. I'm collecting it later tonight, so i have to either pray an hope that the ram fits, or buy a watercooling kit. I don't have time to make one now, i need at least three days to scout around trying to find parts.

EDIT : . guys, i just found out its dominator! ahhh1111!1111. he is staying there for 2 more days after he twisted his leg or smthing. I need a good cpu cooler kit now. any suggestions

Edited by thebridgerofdoom