gpu folding in linux under wine?

pghguins

Just asking in anyone here does this because I have a 8400GS in a kubuntu machine I would like it to fold. Its on the latest stable release 9.04 and I'm having some issues getting it setup. Tried over at the official folding@home forum but not much help...

I'm not sure what the directions mean here in the instructions.

" You will need to tell the system that the CUDA toolkit is installed and make sure the cudart.dll.so file can find its required dependencies. Add /usr/local/cuda/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and run as root"

add that file to that file and run what as root?

couple of questions...

1 i can't copy the client into my home directory. or the directory called home i can put it into the directory with the same name as my user name?

2 i tried running it from that location and got Module not found....

EDIT: thought i got it working... but then after it started and downloaded its first wu it failed giving me this

+ Working ...
err:module:import_dll Loading library nvcuda.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\james\\Desktop\\Folding@home-Win32-GPU_XP-623\\FahCore_11.exe") failed (error c0000020).
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\james\\Desktop\\Folding@home-Win32-GPU_XP-623\\FahCore_11.exe" failed, status c0000135
[04:20:32] CoreStatus = C0000135 (-1073741515)
[04:20:32] Client-core communications error: ERROR 0xc0000135
[04:20:32] This is a sign of more serious problems, shutting down.
james@james-desktop-2:~/Desktop/Folding@home-Win32-GPU_XP-623$ 

i just renamed the one i got from the folding site after i extracted to the desktop and in the terminal cd'd to that directory then ran it... can't i do that or is this something else?

Edited by pghguins