105c GPU temps

Well I was wondering why I hadn't been hearing the usual droning from my 9600gt so I checked via ntune and was shocked to see that I left the fan on 0% manual for at least two days! I've been folding on the poor little thing and I like this card. I was wondering if the 105c temps could have caused any long term damage or if I have to wait and see.

EDIT: ...The fan just stopped, what do I do? I have to keep resetting it to manual mode, I leave it at say 70% and before long it just quits with the setting where they were before. Is it doomed?

Re Edit: Nvm stopped fan was just set to auto, for a second but it really was 105c for a few days, found out the culprit, if your mom asks to use your comp, say no. Just say no.

Edited by gabrieltessin

not sure what to think about any possible damage, but there could be if it was running around that temp constantly for two days.

seems like something may be wrong with the fan...

or did you personally leave the fan off for some reason?

if there is something wrong with the fan, why not get a replacement and not worry about it?

Edited by Maj0r Gamer

Well I was wondering why I hadn't been hearing the usual droning from my 9600gt so I checked via ntune and was shocked to see that I left the fan on 0% manual for at least two days! I've been folding on the poor little thing and I like this card. I was wondering if the 105c temps could have caused any long term damage or if I have to wait and see.

EDIT: ...The fan just stopped, what do I do? I have to keep resetting it to manual mode, I leave it at say 70% and before long it just quits with the setting where they were before. Is it doomed?

Re Edit: Nvm stopped fan was just set to auto, for a second but it really was 105c for a few days, found out the culprit, if your mom asks to use your comp, say no. Just say no.

ouch ...get some cooling on that thing...!!...aim an auxilliary fan at it or something

I was wondering if the 105c temps could have caused any long term damage

Yes, it could have.

or if I have to wait and see.

Yes, you will have to wait and see to know for sure if it did.

More than likely though, it's fine. That is a high temp for a card but it is probably not high enough to cause damage. GPUs can handle a lot more heat than CPUs.

Ok all is well again, I am using EVGA precision tool and the fan control on that actually works, I was using ntune but live and learn I guess.

good move, ntune is a horrendous addon. Precision Tool/Riva Tuner all the way!

your card should be ok, worse case scenario....you use that lifetime warranty ;)

Lol it happens dude. But I have the same card, XFX 9600GT, and I have to say, my fan is mostly in auto mode, and it keeps pretty cool at around 50s degrees Celsius. So I'm thinking you might want to buy a cooler for your card.