Help with a possible computer.

ClaymanVTW

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so for gaming and other things aperage is better?

so what about this one, is this ok? ( a 50-60 USD PSU would be best.)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817162017

also what about that mobo above?

PS-thanks!

Pay the extra for the Corsair. That one as only one sata power and no 6 pin PCI-E connector which you will need for the graphics card!

Cheers

Paul

Edited by paulktreg

yep, amperage and where it's at is much more important than total wattage on a psu...

if you look at a quality psu and then look at a cheap no name brand, chances are you're going to see amperage put on rails that it's not needed so much and low amperage on the +12v rail that powers the most important parts in a computer...

if you want a quality system, going with any non-name brand power supply is asking for trouble.

it's common to want to cut corners with the psu, but is probably the worst component in a system to do that with...

afterall, it's what pushes the entire system.

think about it this way...

if your pc comes out to be $650.00 and the psu was say $30.00... is it worth it if the psu pops and causes your cpu and motherboard to fry costing you about another $300.00 or more to replace those parts?

that corsair is probably the best psu you're going to find in your price range, and is a brand you can trust for years of running the system you should have put together before you know it...

have fun!

Edited by Maj0r Gamer

we'll try that then!

just so long that it powers my comp porperly ;P

although apperently i should have no worries!

EDIT: but again, what about the mobo?

EDIT2:whats better the XFX HD-483X-YDFC Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail , or the POWERCOLOR AX4770 512MD5-M Radeon HD 4770 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail???

Edited by ClaymanVTW

why not go with a 4850?

check this one out...

after rebate, it's right in your price range and is an excellent graphics card (notice the 12% off promo code as well, making it even cheaper).

though, not sure about comparisons to the 4830.

looking at the specs, to answer your question, the 4830 should blow that 4770 out of the water.

anybody have any experience with ati cards?

must you go ati? there are some fantastic nvidia cards around at the moment.

...and that corsair power supply will power what you have going on here no worries...

let me check on some motherboards okay.

edit: not a fan of asus boards, so won't link any...

you should go atx and not micro atx if you can.

this is an nvidia chipset, but looks like a nice board to use... don't think crossfire works on nvidia chipsets however, but if you don't care about using two video cards it looks good.

edit2: here is one with an amd chipset and is probably a better choice for you than the one linked above... it will support crossfire if you can do that some time later on and wanna keep the same motherboard for awhile.

post any other questions you may have.

Edited by Maj0r Gamer

we probobly wont do any rebates.

otherwise i woud LOVE a 4850. and im choosing ATI cuz they go better with AMD which i am using for money purposes.

why not biuld one for me? :P

EDIT:...hmm that may be an idea! anybody want a customize me a 650 USD-675USD dollar comp with newegg parts? :P (meaning just customize not actually biuld.)

lol you dont HAVE to people!

Edited by ClaymanVTW

is this the 4830 you were considering?

if so, keep in mind, the 4850 linked above has a 12% discount code at the moment from newegg and should come to within a few dollars at most from the 4830 even without the rebate.

why not do rebates? it's not so bad really... takes some time and a little effort, but it's kinda like putting money in a savings account and getting it back later... even on a prepaid visa card in many cases!

by the way though, nvidia goes very well with amd processors... is that what you mean by amd parts?

maybe not so well with an amd chipset, but you could use an nvidia chipset and still be able to go sli later on if you were able (really this is probably the only problem you would run into using amd parts... the sli or crossfire thing).

edit: folks around here often gladly do build customizations for members and post them up with parts they can purchase from newegg...

if you wanna make a different thread for it, you will most likely receive many posts with various good parts combination's you could choose for a $650.00ish build.

edit 2: not trying to contradict, just trying to answer your questions and follow the outline of the thread here and to help you choose some better parts for the budget you would like to stay within.

Edited by Maj0r Gamer

actualyl i jsut read how to do ti and it seems fairly simple (reading the corsairs PSU) just have to tell dad to do it and hopefulyl he will.

and what one were you talking about? maybe something like this? (i want it too liike fairly cool and with a cover too.)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814150337

fairly cheap and if we DO go rebates it could be nice :P oh and also my cap is INCLUDING shipping, but if i have to have 700USD with shipping i can.

and i heard it was, and acutally i want to try ATI for i have used Nvidia an intel mostly and want to try soemthing new. and is there a certain forum for this customization? i was JK but that did peak my interest with the knowledge of such a thing.

Edited by ClaymanVTW

this one/4850.

it comes to within a few dollars of the xfx 4830 even without the rebate with the 12% off promo code.

you should be able to keep it around $650.00

what about an operating system?

edit: made some edits to post above... please read about amd parts issue you mentioned, just in case you're interested.

edit 2: that's an xfx 4850 you linked right above there... isn't that very close to the original 4830 you linked in price... after rebate? that's a double slot gpu and is probably even better than the sapphire linked if you wanna go the rebate route.

Edited by Maj0r Gamer

I have used a 4830 and it is basically a crippled 4850 but with proper cooling can perform like a 4850 if overclocked.

There might be reviews on them here at OCC that would reaffirm this.