i7 920 D0 on Water

Well...I was able to sit down tonight and really have some fun with this system. The EVGA Classified is worth every penny it took to get it, and then some. I started tonight by simply attempting to find the maximum speed for this chip on water. At 1.45v and 1.425v vtt I can easily allow the system to run through SuperPI at 233x21 (4.9GHz), but I'm not going to post any screenshots because that wasn't near my impressive moment for the night. I've been accused of running this chip severely "disabled" and "hindered" because I've focused on overclocking with HT off...I set off tonight to change that.

I present exhibit A:

4.7GHz (225x21) 1.425v on the chip and 1.375v VTT. PCI-E frequency is running at 110MHz to help stabilize the high bclck and a few other Classified settings have been changed as well. All that adds up to an i7 920 D0 running at 4.7GHz with HT enabled. That's 4 cores with 8 threads running over 4.6GHz on water.

47_920.jpg

That's all I've got to say for tonight, thanks for looking :)

Nice clocks again Nuclear, my board will be here tomorrow, shame I am going to have to put a C0 in it as its better than the dud D0 I got... :(

Thanks man. Learning all of the settings the Classified has over the other X58 boards is like learning to overclock all over again. I corrupted my OS three times during this round of testing and almost wore my fingers out pressing the CMOS reset button. It really flies though once you get a feel for it. I went back to my P6T Deluxe rig a while ago and it just didn't feel the same...I've just gotten used to seeing all of those settings at my fingertips.

That really stinks about your D0. A good friend of mine and a co-worker recently purchased D0 chips from ebay and an online store, but unfortunately their results were very similar to yours. I tried tweaking one of them much like mine and it just failed miserably at speeds this D0 just excels at. I'm glad I didn't have to go through 5+ chips this time around to find a gem.

Benches will come tomorrow night. I had to replace one of my GTX 285 cards in another system so this one is running in limp mode right now until the replacement gets here.

I got my board today but instead of taking rigs apart to test cpus etc. I am going to try the D0 W3520. They supposedly got the classified bios out so it will work, I have not had time to even look. I guess I will just put it on phase change to start with... :)

Nice chip Nuclear :O

Looks like i'll be heading up to Micro center this week to pick up mine after seeing this :)

I check micro center (denver) last weekend and they only had CO steppings for $229.