i7 920 D0 on Water

I finally got around to installing one of my D0 chips in my EVGA Classified board, and let's just say that there's no more bclck wall for me to worry about anymore. I'm now able to boot into Windows 7 at a bclck of 220x21 with only 1.4v on the CPU and 1.35v vtt. It passes 1HR on Prime95 at those speeds and voltages but fails LinX within around 30 minutes. I can bump the vcore to 1.415v and it's perfectly stable with LinX or Prime95...temps get a little high, but what do you expect with these chips. I honestly have only had about 10 minutes worth of tweak-time with this board so I'll post more results later tonight and tomorrow. Look for a full fledged Classified non-NF200 review soon.

220x21 w/ 1.4v vcore, 1.35v vtt, and memory running at 1600MHz 8-8-8-24. Anything higher on the bclck and I have to drop my RAM divider...Dominator GTs should be here this week and I should be back to running full force.

46_920.jpg

SuperPI 1M: This may be enough to take the cake for the fastest 1M on a 1366 system here at OCC

8.86s

SuperPI_46.jpg

I'll have more tonight. This chip has no problem running up to 4.4GHz HT stable so I plan on doing some 3D runs at 4.4GHz HT on and 4.6+GHz HT off. It's got a lot more in it so stay tuned :)

Edited by Nuclear

Very nice man can't wait to see what you get squeezed out of that baby. Looks like i'll be heading up to Micro center this week to pick up mine after seeing this :)

Very nice man can't wait to see what you get squeezed out of that baby. Looks like i'll be heading up to Micro center this week to pick up mine after seeing this :)

Thanks! Be careful though because not all D0 chips are clocking as well as mine. Both of mine are from early batches and they both overclock very well. Others like Road-Runner are getting later batched chips and they aren't performing much better than the current C0 chips.

Nice chip and clocks Nuc, what VTT did you have to give it? I ordered a non-NF200 classified earlier today. Never thought I would pay that much for a motherboard, working on trying to get a X3570 Xeon...

Nice chip and clocks Nuc, what VTT did you have to give it? I ordered a non-NF200 classified earlier today. Never thought I would pay that much for a motherboard, working on trying to get a X3570 Xeon...

It will boot and run SuperPI at a vtt of only 1.3v, but it needs 1.35v to be completely stable at those speeds. I crank the core up to ~4.8GHz before I have to go higher. For those clocks I didn't adjust any of the secondary voltages either. I simply raised the vcore, vtt, and booted into Windows at 220.

Good luck with the Classified board, it's a beast for sure. I don't think it will magically find speed in your chip but it you won't have to worry about the board limiting anything. The BIOS takes a while to get used to simply because it has so many options. I'm working on the review now and hope to have it up within the next few days.

Thanks! Be careful though because not all D0 chips are clocking as well as mine. Both of mine are from early batches and they both overclock very well. Others like Road-Runner are getting later batched chips and they aren't performing much better than the current C0 chips.

If you don't mind me asking what batch#'s are your 2 chips?

If you don't mind me asking what batch#'s are your 2 chips?

Not a problem, I'm always willing to share all of my information..well almost all of it :)

Chip 1:

3841A578

Chip 2:

3849A846

Both chips will do 4.3GHz with HT on with 1.3v on both the vcore and vtt (they'll go much higher as you can see, just a reference point at 1.3v). My best C0 would only do 4.0GHz stable at 1.45v vcore and 1.425v vtt.

Wondering what your stock and overclock idle load temps are like?

Don't forget ambient temp...

Idle temps are rubbish, they mean nothing but I'll be glad to give them to you.

* 30 minute average for temps *

Stock: Core 1 [33] Core 2 [32] Core 3 [33] Core 4 [31]

4.6GHz 1.4v: Core 1 [35] Core 2 [35] Core 3 [34] Core 4 [36]

So for ambient temps around 68F-70F I'm seeing low 30s idling stock and mid 30s idling when mildly overclocked. Seeing how as I could care less about idle temps though, my loaded temps are high 40s at stock and mid to low 50s when overclocked. Temperatures are not an issue with these chips as long as you know how to handle the heat :)