Best DDR2 RAM to OC into 1300 Mhz On Air!

Whats the BEST DDR2 RAM to OC into the 1300 Mhz range because my HyperX Sticks hit a wall at 1230 Mhz with instability. A lot of people say Corsair's are the best, but I really don't know, any suggestions.

what do you need to overclock your ram that high for :blink:

I was gonna ask the same question. pretty much the highest any "normal" CPU overclock is going to need is 1066MHz RAM if you're running at a 1:1 maybe a little higher, but that's pretty extreme anyway with an FSB of 533.

Although I don't participate anymore for various reasons, I can understand the hunt for performance.

Certain benchmarks and scenarios benefit more from memory speed then clockspeed, and sometimes two exact processor overclocks can perform very differently if one has significantly higher RAM speed, like SuperPI. Even just for a desktop, I would always take a 3ghz system with 1066 ram over a 3ghz build with 667 ram speed, even though you may not notice the difference in most normal computing tasks.

Personally I have been gone for too long and have no clue what DDR2 can hit those speeds but would be interested in the response. My g.skill can only hit ~1150 on my x38 formula, and with the rock bottom RAM prices I am seeing I can upgrade my ram to higher capacity and higher speed sticks then what I have and drop my multiplier. Even if the processor stays at the same speed, the extra ram and extra mem bandwidth will help.

XS usually has some insane RAM threads going on and may be worth skimming through.

Yeah, I think its maybe my CPU, or the Mobo, because any other FSB ratio I try, its unstable, 3:5 Ratio is the most stable one for me on this setup, do you guys think that with a new CPU I can hit higher speeds?