shiver_8

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...

Just wanted to bring this thread back up for an update. Tried just for .ts and giggles to get 5ghz (556*9) With 1.6V CPU-Z (remember this is all on air). Anyways it booted into windows, I was running some SuperPi 1M's, just about to open up my screenshot program when BAM the whole system shut down with no BSOD or nothing. Just dead. I'm like well there it finally goes lol. So I leave it for a minute grab a drink come back to my desk, immediately start looking for replacement quad cores on newegg LOL. Anyways I booted it up after like 45 minutes, posted fine, set it back to 4.5ghz. What do you know it works totally fine still :D I'm not sure what the whole deal was with it just dying suddenly but I'm totally impressed and disappointed all at the same time lol, I was sure it was fried.

Just wanted to bring this thread back up for an update. Tried just for .ts and giggles to get 5ghz (556*9) With 1.6V CPU-Z (remember this is all on air). Anyways it booted into windows, I was running some SuperPi 1M's, just about to open up my screenshot program when BAM the whole system shut down with no BSOD or nothing. Just dead. I'm like well there it finally goes lol. So I leave it for a minute grab a drink come back to my desk, immediately start looking for replacement quad cores on newegg LOL. Anyways I booted it up after like 45 minutes, posted fine, set it back to 4.5ghz. What do you know it works totally fine still :D I'm not sure what the whole deal was with it just dying suddenly but I'm totally impressed and disappointed all at the same time lol, I was sure it was fried.

damn so lucky though at least you hit 4.5ghz with fan cooling

i'm running an e8500 and i can't even pass the 4.0 without it being unstable, prime95 fails but i can play games with it without it failing or crashing at 4.5 which was weird, so i didn't wanna risk it instead i just de clocked it down to 3.9ghz and even my voltage blows =/

1.43 vcore =[

idle is at 37-38

max load is no more than 60 , i guess i was just one of the unlucky guys.

Well I know that I needed alot more vcore but then I started playing with my NB and ram voltages and ended up going from 1.54V to 1.488-1.5V. So its worth it to try and fiddle with different settings to find what works best.