What do you think about this cooler?

Hey guys, just wanted to hear your opinions on this Scythe Mugen 2 CPU Cooler (also called the Infinity 2). I am looking into the best cooler I can get for about 70$ CAD (No TRUEs, way too overpriced). This cooler beats the True and is only 50$ according to the review on XbitLabs : http://xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/displ...he-mugen-2.html

So do you think I should get this one? My other option is Xigmatek dark knight

I thought it is funny that they have called the gaps in the blades M.A.P.S Multiple Airflow Pass-through Structure

It reminded me of manifold absolute pressure sensor

make it a Scythe love fest with two Ultra Kazes and you'll be in business ;)

I thought it is funny that they have called the gaps in the blades M.A.P.S Multiple Airflow Pass-through Structure

It reminded me of manifold absolute pressure sensor

me too :lol:

Those temps weren't all that amazing since I get the same temperatures at 4.0ghz with alot more going on (higher FSB), and i never break 65C. Of course that may be due to fans

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Wow Really? I might just go with the True with one Scythe Kaze 2000RPM, since I heard there is a very small difference in temps with 2. If I plug the fan into the motherboard fan header I can slow the fan down in windows using some sort of software right?

Wow Really? I might just go with the True with one Scythe Kaze 2000RPM, since I heard there is a very small difference in temps with 2. If I plug the fan into the motherboard fan header I can slow the fan down in windows using some sort of software right?

You can slow it down, but you can't run it at its full potential either. Most fan headers deliver either 5v or 7v at maximum so I would recommend plugging the fan into a 12v source and controlling it via a fan controller. It will give much results and will give greater control over all of your fans.

Yes but I cant afford a fan controller on top of all the things I am getting, I guess I will just run it at maximum

I got the sunbeam fan controller for like $19 dollars on xoxide.com and it runs great. I turn my ultra kazes to the slowest they will go if I'm going anything other then stress testing. Folding the max it will go is 60C at the fan controller putting the smallest amount of power to keep the fans moving

Do you mean this one? : http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?...N82E16811998808

Also do you think with this thing I will be able to close the door on my Antec P180?

And honestly, with shipping, I cant justify another 35$ for something as useless as this.

For just one fan maybe this will be a smart idea? : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835118217

*Edit* I actually think I might just live with it at full speed, and can anyone check the voltage that the Gigabyte UD4H gives to the fan header?

Also Ivy can you take some measurements of how much the knobs stick out? I want to know if they will even fit in my case with the door closed. Also are there any quality issues with it? After I get the Scythe Kaze I will see how loud they are when connected directly to the PSU, and then decide if I need a controller to slow them down

Edited by TheConqueror