upok

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And now, back to the question.

Would YOU swap a 295 for 2x4890s?

I honestly wouldn't if you already have a 295.. Just because I dont think the difference would even be noticable. But if you do let us know your experience. I would like to know if the image quality is really any better.

I wouldn't because I don't have that much money, but if you do then yea. I stick with ATI now because I was told they have better IQ :)

Well, the money side is kinda moot. I've already spent the money, as a matter of fact, 2 4890s will come in at about $490 vs the $530 I spent on the 295. I'll get money back by going to the 4890 crossfire setup.

And why would you stick with ati because you were "told they have better IQ"? Don't you wanna see it for yourself? (not trying to start a fight here, just curious)

Edited by upok

Well, the money side is kinda moot. I've already spent the money, as a matter of fact, 2 4890s will come in at about $490 vs the $530 I spent on the 295. I'll get money back by going to the 4890 crossfire setup.

Then go with the HD4890's, I think it is better to have 2 physical cards than one card that produces much more heat.

So I returned the 295 and got 2 4890s. I came home, popped in the 4890s and got the dreaded code 43 error, "Incompatible Display Adapter". I want to go with ati because I prefer their image quality, but if I can't get crossfire to work without formatting, I may go back to the 295.

So I returned the 295 and got 2 4890s. I came home, popped in the 4890s and got the dreaded code 43 error, "Incompatible Display Adapter". I want to go with ati because I prefer their image quality, but if I can't get crossfire to work without formatting, I may go back to the 295.

lol, do you really have to format? you can't just do this?

And now, back to the question.

Would YOU swap a 295 for 2x4890s?

No I would not! Crossfire scaling in games is nowhere near what SLI scaling is. Many times there is negative scaling or no improvement going from 1 card to 2. The only way around it is to modify the game exe to one that crossfire is supported in. Crossfire support for games just is not where it needs without tricking the drivers period.

This thread hurts my brain in so many ways. :huh:

:withstupid: I concur!