Unable to Enable SLI

The actual architecture and number of lanes may be different. That may prevent you from SLIing. Just because the BIOS is the same doesn't mean the cards are equal...

Have you tryed updating your Motherboard with the newest 570 sli drivers?

He has a DFI NF4 SLI-D so installing the 570 drivers would do no good.

Don't you have to enable SLI in the bios too on the board? I don't remember. Also I would try switching the cards around so that the 9800GT is in the top. Make sure you download all the updates for Vista as SLI wasn't initially supported by the os. Hope that helps.

Edited by slick2500

it's been a long time since I set up SLI on my DFI NF4, but you might have to set the PCI-E mode in BIOS to 8x8x instead of 16x2x in addition to moving all the jumper blocks

I think flashing the cards to an identical BIOS is a good idea

you only need the nvidia graphics driver to enable SLI, and it's one of the top options in the nvidia control panel

I have updated to the latest Nforce drivers.

I have swapped the cards, putting the "new" one on top in the primary slot. No luck. Like I said I even tried a fresh install of Vista Ultimate 64 bit, and no luck.

The only option in the BIOS about SLI is "SLI Aperture Mode" i believe. And the options are Auto and Disabled, and neither works.

I was unable to flash the BIOS yesterday because I broke my flash drive, so I've got to get another one today and see if that works. And In the BIOS i see what you are talking about in the PCI-E mode, but its grayed out and it doesn't look like those options are changeable. I'm at work right now, so I'll double check that when I get home. I have moved all the jumper blocks to what says its for SLI between the pci-express slots.

Edited by HoLoDreaM

Does the modded 8800GT show up as a 9800GT in the device manager?

BIOS modding a 8800GT to a 9800GT isn't as basic as most think. You need to find/use a specific 9800GT BIOS that has the same board ID(Or whatever it is called) as the 8800GT you are using. I'm not 100% sure if this is actually something that needs to be followed but thats how I modded my 8800GT to a 9800GT with SLI running just fine.

Edited by werty316

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Flashed the BIOS to identical versions. Booted into Windows after installing my drivers and it asked if I wanted to enable SLI. I literally jumped and screamed YES! haha.

He has a DFI NF4 SLI-D so installing the 570 drivers would do no good.

Sorry about the bad info I dont know what happend :blush:

By the way congrats. sometimes its a bear to get SLI working rite

Edited by STRAITPEAK

• 2 weeks later...

well i have two 295's using the newest drivers and i cant find the enable sli in my control panel either:( i dunno why not. i have enale multi-gpu but i dont think that means quad-sli cuz i dont see the sli-balance/load bar or see the quad-sli logo in any bench's or games.......

The UD3r might not support Quad SLI! Kind of like the differences between the P6T and P6T Deluxe from ASUS. One officially supports it the other does not. One supports TRI SLI whle the other does not! On the NF 4 though its been to long for me to remember.