e8500 4ghz overclock

arthoo

Hello everyone.

I oced my system today and just wanted to get some feedback from more experienced oc'ers. :)

As said i the topicdescription im a little bit worried about the temps. (60c on load)

So here's my system:

e8500//4gb Ram ocz Reaper//p5q-e mobo//ati radeon 48xx//xigmatek hdt-s963 cpucooler

Bios settings are:

vcore: 1,35625v // 1,336 in cpu-z ?

PLL: 1,52v

FSB: 1,34v

DRAM: 2,1v

NB: 1,26

SB: 1,10

rest is on auto.

Hope someone could help me and say where i can lower the voltages etc.

Best regards

post-63655-1235752876_thumb.jpg

60c isn't really that bad for a C2D chip. If that's the highest you go, I wouldn't be too worried.

Also, when you say load, do you mean like OCCT or Prime95 load? Because that's a synthetic load, meaning that you'll probably never reach those kind of usage levels in regular day use. Even folding on both cores probably won't get temps quite that high. So you may want to keep in mind that your regular usage might have a bit lower temps.

Other than that though, if you want temps any lower, it's either a more powerful fan, new heatsink, or less voltage :)

60c isn't really that bad for a C2D chip. If that's the highest you go, I wouldn't be too worried.

Also, when you say load, do you mean like OCCT or Prime95 load? Because that's a synthetic load, meaning that you'll probably never reach those kind of usage levels in regular day use. Even folding on both cores probably won't get temps quite that high. So you may want to keep in mind that your regular usage might have a bit lower temps.

Other than that though, if you want temps any lower, it's either a more powerful fan, new heatsink, or less voltage :)

Hey Verran!

Thanks for the quick response, and yes i mean prime95 load.

So it seems like you see nothing to worry about in the voltagesettings/temps.

Thanks a lot again. Im happy now. :D

Maybe im going to tweak the voltages a little bit later.

greetings

Aye, 60 on each core is perfectly acceptable, you can go up to around 70 in the cores before you should worry. I would however, try to lower your vcore as much as you can while maintaining stability. 1.35v isnt killer voltage by any means, but you should be able to lower it at least a little, which will (should) yeild better temps.

Those voltages scare me :D I have mine under 1.3 in CPUz for a similar proc that he has, and mine runs faster... its always possible though that I just got a super awesome chip :D If he's worried about temps though, lowering voltages is a good starting point if he's not looking to push his OC much further.

Those voltages scare me :D I have mine under 1.3 in CPUz for a similar proc that he has, and mine runs faster... its always possible though that I just got a super awesome chip :D If he's worried about temps though, lowering voltages is a good starting point if he's not looking to push his OC much further.

I know my old Yorkie can take it, (an ya I meant CPU-Z reports 1.44v in load)

what's your VID on the e8500?

EDIT:

Just wantet to tell you that i got my System primestable now! Yay! (blendtest)

Settings are:

FSB: 422Mhz x 9,5

VCore: 1.36v (CPU-Z)

PLL: 1.56v

FSB: 1.28v

NB: 1.26v

RAM: 2.3v (1:1)

SB: 1.1v

I totally overvolted the FSB/NB-voltages. Since i lowered them to the listed values my Coretemps went down to.

At 1.36vcore they're around 56-58 degrees.

So. Here's my last question:

The cores are running different temps. core0 = 55c // core1 = 58

Yesterday when i ran prime the cooler running core alway failed first.

What can i do to solve this "problem" ?

Edited by arthoo