940 over clocking

Hi again. as suggested i removed two of those 2G memory chips, and set up just the two, so iam running 4G's of Patriot Viper. ill post the cpu results and temps. i also cleaned off the heat sink and cpu and tried the chill factor paste that came with the Ultra-120 set up. ill post the results of that as well. currently at 3.7. tried to increase mult to 19 at 1.45 didnt start up. so i increased vcore to 1.5 and didnt start up. i have the cpu-nb link set at 1.8 as you suggested the other settings iam not sure of what to adjust. i more then likely still dont have the memory set right, here are the results

post-66348-1235694209_thumb.jpg

post-66348-1235694221_thumb.jpg

post-66348-1235694229_thumb.jpg

post-66348-1235694239_thumb.jpg

post-66348-1235694249_thumb.jpg

post-66348-1235694381_thumb.jpg

Edited by SilentDeath001

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again. as suggested i removed two of those 2G memory chips, and set up just the two, so iam running 4G's of Patriot Viper. ill post the cpu results and temps. i also cleaned off the heat sink and cpu and tried the chill factor paste that came with the Ultra-120 set up. ill post the results of that as well. currently at 3.7. tried to increase mult to 19 at 1.45 didnt start up. so i increased vcore to 1.5 and didnt start up. i have the cpu-nb link set at 1.8 as you suggested the other settings iam not sure of what to adjust. i more then likely still dont have the memory set right, here are the results

Check my thread for updates...you'll be surprised :)

got to read your post,, man you rock, way to go, i went back into bios, using that instead of AOD. i had processor freq set at 18.50 and processor - nb freq multi to auto and cup-nb ht link set at 1.8 processor volt to 1.45 and processor-nb volt to auto. then down in voltage section i see,processor voltage, then processor-nb volt,ddr volt,northbridge volt andsouthbridge volt, below that are cpu vdda volt, auto exspress and cpu tweak, below that is memory config, not sure what to set in that, and then dram timing config, thats the location i set the timing to 5-5-5-15 and set to 1067, didnt have 1066, so that might be the area i am setting incorrectly, ill wait until later for your reply, i know your dancing on the table now, hehehe, way to go on 4.0 !!!!

got to read your post,, man you rock, way to go, i went back into bios, using that instead of AOD. i had processor freq set at 18.50 and processor - nb freq multi to auto and cup-nb ht link set at 1.8 processor volt to 1.45 and processor-nb volt to auto. then down in voltage section i see,processor voltage, then processor-nb volt,ddr volt,northbridge volt andsouthbridge volt, below that are cpu vdda volt, auto exspress and cpu tweak, below that is memory config, not sure what to set in that, and then dram timing config, thats the location i set the timing to 5-5-5-15 and set to 1067, didnt have 1066, so that might be the area i am setting incorrectly, ill wait until later for your reply, i know your dancing on the table now, hehehe, way to go on 4.0 !!!!

Thanks. Based on what you posted above I'll my best to give you my advice. I can't promise anything will work but I'll give you a guideline.

1. Set your NB multi. Right now it's set to auto and you don't the mobo guessing which multi or speed to set it at when overclocking at these speeds. I would start by setting it at 1800MHz or 9x

2. Leave your HT link at 1.8GHz

3. Leave your vcore set to 1.45 for now. You can safely run up to 1.55-1.575v but watch your temps. If your loaded temps creep towards 60C then you'll hit instability.

4. Leave all of your secondary voltages at auto or normal for now.

Your RAM is setup properly. Some boards say 1066 and some say 1067, it's all the same though so don't worry. If you are running a board with a 790 chipset disable ACC or Auto-Clock-Calibration

Leaving the settings above see how far you can get by adjusting the multi. Leave the NB and HT running at 1.8GHz. If the system fails to boot or instantly crashes then bump the voltage up one level at a time, but keep an eye on the temps. You shouldn't need to touch any of your secondary voltages (CPU-NB, DRR2, NB, SB) until you get into the 3.8GHz range. If you get there then post back and I'll try to help you get it even further.

Yes they do, much cooler than the Phenom I chips. The stock heatpipe cooler can easily handle the chip at 3.5GHz with adequate case cooling.

Nuclear I have a question for you. And it is not about the phenom II's but my 9850. I said I could get it to 3.2 stable but to be exact I can get it to 3.187 using xp pro instead of vista. My question is once I get it up that high why does my ht link speed show 1020? Here's an example.

post-32921-1235701078_thumb.jpg

Nuclear I have a question for you. And it is not about the phenom II's but my 9850. I said I could get it to 3.2 stable but to be exact I can get it to 3.187 using xp pro instead of vista. My question is once I get it up that high why does my ht link speed show 1020?

Do you have your HT Link in BIOS set to auto? It appears that you do and at those speeds the board is setting the HT link to 1GHz in an attempt to increase system stability. Make sure you manually set both your HT Link and NB speeds in BIOS.

Do you have your HT Link in BIOS set to auto? It appears that you do and at those speeds the board is setting the HT link to 1GHz in an attempt to increase system stability. Make sure you manually set both your HT Link and NB speeds in BIOS.

Okay here is what I gather is that by having the nb speed set to auto it reverts to factory default multi which is 10x I think. But the only options for the Ht link speed is auto, 200mhz, 400mhz, and 600mhz. Do you think by changing the nb multi it will give me more options for the ht link speeds because I don't have a clue which one to pick(200,400,600).

Edited by mistabonz