15c On Air Cooling

airman

Is this possible? I was talking to this guy just now, and he says his athlon xp 2400 overclocked to 2.2 is running a 15c on air cooling. a thermaltake tr2.

he also says his room temp is comfortable. man...to get a processor that cold it'd have to be like -5 below in that room. i wouldn't say that's comfortable.

i'm not calling this guy a liar, but all i can think of it that he's got a bad thermal probe.

well, there are programs that do something to cpu's that can lowert the cpu temp....check this out. (taken a while back) this is on a solid aluminum hs from evercool with a 70mm fan on it. with that program off, my cpu ran about 42c

EDIT* its not very readable but it says 20c/64f for the cpu

Edited by sYstEmATiC

He might be mistaking the system temperature for the cpu temperature. However, I still am doubtful because on air cooling, you obviously can't have the thing being cooled be colder than the air that's cooling it. Unless that guy is weird and he finds a ~13C room (because the chip is ALWAYS going to be hotter than the air) comfortable, then I'd say there's something awry. It could all be a mistake, though. I remember my K7S5A only had two thermal probes, so if I tried to access "temp sensor #3" in MBM5 it would give some bogus reading like 6 deg or something.

my point exactly. i'm going to ask him what proggy he is using to read those temps!

systematic, i just put easytune4 on my comp and my temps didn't drop one bit! i'm very unhappy with you! :P

my point exactly. i'm going to ask him what proggy he is using to read those temps!

systematic, i just put easytune4 on my comp and my temps didn't drop one bit! i'm very unhappy with you! :P

easytune is a overclocking/monitoring utility designed for gigabyte motherboards, not for lowering temps lol.

the program that dropped temps was called Vcool (if you use it, make sure you get the one for your chipset or it wont work.)

yeah, i have a gigabyte mobo. (notice my sig)

i can't find a vcool install for a kt600 chipset. i'll keep looking though.

that sux, i dont think it has support for anything over the kt400a if im not mistakin.

i have the kt400, wish i had nforce2 though.

<_< Doubtful.. i once had a power failure in the night and temps in the house went down to 11c (51F) but when i woke up it was fixed. i opened my PC and even with that room temp i had 19c on the cpu monitor and only for a second it rapidly went up to normal low 30's.