Anyone Help Me With Old Cpu

jgv115

yea i'll have to do some tests.

You have to use Prime95 right? How long does it take to finish 1 test?

I'd run it for a good 6 hours or so, then if it doesn't fail in that time then advance. If you are at a speed you're happy with I'd run it for 24 hours. That's at least the way I do it.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

yea i'll have to do some tests.

You have to use Prime95 right? How long does it take to finish 1 test?

I use IntelBurnTest. It takes about 15 minutes to complete a good test.

GREAT JOB :) - now go upgrade that cooler dude lol. last thing you wanna do its fry the chip cuz its too hot. DL real temp and see what your temps are at. 30-40c idle is fine - you dont want it above 60c tho for daily use when under load. your temps will be about 10-15c higher when using intel burn in test - that program is rediculous when it comes to stressing your cpu LOL. mine is at 75c when im testing O_O. im stable as a rock tho at 4.5ghz on my e8500

ok i'm going to stop overclocking now.

Yesterday, I was on the computer then I needed to reboot it. So i did and then when i went into windows the screen went crazy and the computer restarted by itself! After that I couldn't get onto windows anymore. All it did was pass the start page then when it was supposed to be the loading screen it was just black.

I don't know but is overclocking somehow related to the harddrive? Because when I used SuperGrubDisk to boot into that partition it said disk error.

I had no choice but to reinstall XP and now it is working perfectly fine.

ok i'm going to stop overclocking now.

Yesterday, I was on the computer then I needed to reboot it. So i did and then when i went into windows the screen went crazy and the computer restarted by itself! After that I couldn't get onto windows anymore. All it did was pass the start page then when it was supposed to be the loading screen it was just black.

I don't know but is overclocking somehow related to the harddrive? Because when I used SuperGrubDisk to boot into that partition it said disk error.

I had no choice but to reinstall XP and now it is working perfectly fine.

Yes, overclocking makes your pc do some funny things when it isn't stable. Anywhere from time and date changing to corrupted windows files. Restarts, freeze-ups ,blue screens , etc. Just like a suspense movie, it keeps me on edge when I overclock. Great stuff!