E8400 Vs I7 I Know You Guys Are Tired Of It...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The E8400 & Gigabyte MOBO you first mention are both win-win calls. Current Nehalem's are just Intel baby steps- the outcome of a one night fling between an Intel Chip & a AMD chip... Google or better yet Wiki: "Intel road map" or "Nehalem" & you'll see 6 & 8 Core more mature offspring of that marriage of technology are due by Q4 '09- Q2 of '10. Remember, it's Intel's "Tick-Tock" Strategy for new product rollouts... Wait for the "Tock" and the price plummet on i7 chips and all it's associated parts. IMHO of cousre! :)

Quote: Kingfisher: Not everyone builds a PC so they can post on a forum that they own the highest 3dmark score.

I was not gloating on a forum about the i7. I just said it is the superior technology and in the future, it will matter as programmers start taking advantage of newer technology. I am a very humble person and am thankful for everything I have. I was just offering an alternative opinion, not a argument against yours. I love the e8400 and the q6600, cause Ive had both. I am just offering up my take on the i7 and its obvious superiority to older technology, reguardless of what you use it for. I am in no way trying to diss older models and if I offended anyone by what I said, I am sorry. Like I said, just my opinion. Im a technology freak and love playing with new toys.

Nah, I wasn't saying you personally. Just a general statement concerning costs. Some folks buy for need,some folks buy just because they have the extra money.