Occt 3.0 Power Supply Test?

I tried this test last night after running an hour long stability test. I turned it on and walked off to the other room, when I came back in there my i7 rig had restarted. I guess my 1200w Silverstone is no good? Anyone else tried the test?

I wouldn't go as far as saying its no good. Personally I never liked software testing for power supplies but keep in mind OCCT PSU tester puts your CPU and video card to work

Taken from Ocbase.com

Power Supply

* Dedicated to power supplies - it'll launch GPU:3D and CPU:LINPACK at the same time to load your power supply. BEWARE, THIS TEST IS REALLY DEMANDING !

* WARNING, DO NOT USE THIS TEST WITH NO-NAME POWER SUPPLY, AS A FEW DEATHS HAVE ALREADY BEEN REPORTED !

* This tests demands 30 to 40% more power than crysis on a quad-core system with an SLI graphic system installed...

I wouldn't go as far as saying its no good. Personally I never liked software testing for power supplies but keep in mind OCCT PSU tester puts your CPU and video card to work

Taken from Ocbase.com

Power Supply

* Dedicated to power supplies - it'll launch GPU:3D and CPU:LINPACK at the same time to load your power supply. BEWARE, THIS TEST IS REALLY DEMANDING !

* WARNING, DO NOT USE THIS TEST WITH NO-NAME POWER SUPPLY, AS A FEW DEATHS HAVE ALREADY BEEN REPORTED !

* This tests demands 30 to 40% more power than crysis on a quad-core system with an SLI graphic system installed...

Well I guess my overclock was not completely stable and the overclock on the video cards probably wasn't either as I was running benches with it prior to that. I did not know it used the video cards for a power supply test. I ran linpack with no problems though...

Just tried the Linpack part of the test and all 4 cores hit 90c+ within a few seconds and it turns off the test lol

Hmm I just used the Intel Burn In test on its own and dont even hit 90c so OCCT is being overcautious a shutting off too early before my fan ramps up.