E8400 @ 4.0 How Low Can You Get Your Vcore?

RJR

Been playing with my E8400 for a few weeks now and was wondering what others have done with their vcore at 4.00 GHz.

Started at 500X8 @ 1.280v on a P35 Mobo. I've since changed to 445X9 and been able to drop the vcore a little. My 8 gigs of Ram hold me back a little, but it's getting there.

Let's say 10-15 Minutes Prime small FFT (not looking for 24/7 stability, just comparing) + screen shot with CPU-Z.

Let's see how low the E8400 @ 4.0GHz can go.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, nobody wants to post. Here's mine so far.

Either that or people with dud E8400s that need more vcore than that for 3.6GHz and won't do 4GHz stable simply can't post. :lol:

Dude you haz E0 rev proc of course you can go low <_< Some people bought their chips a year ago and have worse steppings and are stuck using 1.28v @ 3.8GHz. As for 1.1x... get real, nevah gonna happen.

Dude you haz E0 rev proc of course you can go low <_< Some people bought their chips a year ago and have worse steppings and are stuck using 1.28v @ 3.8GHz. As for 1.1x... get real, nevah gonna happen.
He was just opening up a little bit of friendly competition.

It is obviously capable of happening if he is running his at at 1.28, NEVER say NEVER...

He was just opening up a little bit of friendly competition.

It is obviously capable of happening if he is running his at at 1.28, NEVER say NEVER...

I would imagine that in order to get 4GHz on 1.1x V it would have to have a VID of less than 1.10, but I could be wrong. There are always flawed chips and some of those flaws can be positive. I'll post up something here in a sec with my C0.

Andrewr05, I was just reading through the "Gun Rights and Politics" thread. It was really getting heated at times

but everyone was very diplomatic with all the different view points. I did notice a few people from the UK seemed

to leave after the video was introduced about their lost rights and how upset their fellow countrymen were. Great

thread though. I'm guessing it's going to last a while.

OK, back to this thread. Some of the early C0's were very stingy voltage wise, and yes the E0's seem to be a little

better in that department. I'm just trying to get an idea if anyone's got a chip that really likes the lower voltages.

I don't keep mine 24/7 at the 1.224v from my post, I bring it back up to my VID (1.250v) and it seems to run good there.