Fried Cpu?

Thanks for all of the ideas so far guys, much appreciated :)

sounds like a board issue to me m8 when my E8500 fried the board would not even power on

I think you may be correct I bought a new CPU a couple of days ago (Q9550) and received the same result. So I guess next step is new motherboard time.

Any suggestions on a $100-$200 775 mobo (anything but Asus)? I'm thinking about a P45 based board or maybe a x48. I have a 4870 so...

Edited by bobbytomorow

Thanks for all of the ideas so far guys, much appreciated :)

I think you may be correct I bought a new CPU a couple of days ago (Q9550) and received the same result. So I guess next step is new motherboard time.

Any suggestions on a $100-$200 775 mobo (anything but Asus)? I'm thinking about a P45 based board or maybe a x48. I have a 4870 so...

the 4870 part doesn't limit you to a crossfire board but you'll end up getting one since the p45 is probably the best for that price range. price a few and pick the one that best suits your needs, pretty much all of them are great buys.

the 4870 part doesn't limit you to a crossfire board but you'll end up getting one since the p45 is probably the best for that price range. price a few and pick the one that best suits your needs, pretty much all of them are great buys.

I realise i am not limited to a crossfire board but I was more thinking I ight as well, they are cheap enough. Anyway, I was thinking Gigabyte EP45-ED3P, seems like a great bang for buck board with lots of features. Plus I will be familiar with the BIOS.

Looks like you have a Gigabyte P45 Extreme which is basically similar save for some fancy extras. How do you like it?

I realise i am not limited to a crossfire board but I was more thinking I ight as well, they are cheap enough. Anyway, I was thinking Gigabyte EP45-ED3P, seems like a great bang for buck board with lots of features. Plus I will be familiar with the BIOS.

Looks like you have a Gigabyte P45 Extreme which is basically similar save for some fancy extras. How do you like it?

How do you think he likes it? Look at his overclock...

Anyways, I looked over that board you listed and it looks pretty good. The P45 is great for overclocking and Gigabyte's are simply awesome.

you havent fully cleared the CMOS....

especially if you put the Q9550 in and it does the same...

here is how to CORRECTLY clear the cmos...

1) pull the power cord from the PSU and switch the PSU to OFF

2) put the CMOS clear jumper in the CLEAR position

3) Pull the Battery from the battery holder

4) pull the power connector from the Motherboard itself (24-pin)

5) short the battery pins on the holder for 1 minute to make sure the CMOS voltage is discharged on both ends

6) leave it set for 1 hour ( some may require over night to fully clear)

to get it running just put it together in the reverse order...then boot it...

I LOVVVVVVE this board, used to always own asus's and not that they were bad but after an experience this good I'm PRETTY sure my next board will be a Gigabyte again! This northbridge cooling design is worth it all it's own.

I LOVVVVVVE this board, used to always own asus's and not that they were bad but after an experience this good I'm PRETTY sure my next board will be a Gigabyte again! This northbridge cooling design is worth it all it's own.

I'm the same way, always was ASUS until I got my first Gigabyte...

you havent fully cleared the CMOS....

especially if you put the Q9550 in and it does the same...

here is how to CORRECTLY clear the cmos...

1) pull the power cord from the PSU and switch the PSU to OFF

2) put the CMOS clear jumper in the CLEAR position

3) Pull the Battery from the battery holder

4) pull the power connector from the Motherboard itself (24-pin)

5) short the battery pins on the holder for 1 minute to make sure the CMOS voltage is discharged on both ends

6) leave it set for 1 hour ( some may require over night to fully clear)

to get it running just put it together in the reverse order...then boot it...

Ok mate i just followed your steps I will let her sit till overnight and see what happens.

I'm the same way, always was ASUS until I got my first Gigabyte...

Yeah guys aside from this mishap (which was totally my fault) I am sticking with Gigabyte for the time being. Best bang for buck boards around imo.