Any Other Military Folk Here?

Kamikaze_Badger

you poor soul...hey i give you props for defending my rights but when you don't believe in them i can walk away but you can't :)

I love it when everyone assumes that I go out and kill people. I'm a 68W.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/68W

I'd rather be bored than to have the other extreme, but something like a non-superepiclifethreatening injury? I'm all there. My unit will have five medics before deployment, we have a ratio of one medic to 25 soldiers, which is really damn good.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. Close enough, Spent my entire childhood and most of my teenage life as a military brat, traveling from post to post. JROTC. ROTC. Love of the country, military, history and weapons like any other army kid. Fun times. Good people. Almost miss it... almost. Dad career military, grand dad career military, great grand dad career military. I'm the first male in my family to break the tradition.

Same here! I just made more money a month than the 650 dollars a month they were paying back in the early 80's so I chose the money instead of the career. Never looked back but I fully support our armed forces.

I'd rather be bored than to have the other extreme, but something like a non-superepiclifethreatening injury? I'm all there. My unit will have five medics before deployment, we have a ratio of one medic to 25 soldiers, which is really damn good.

go find the hbo classic set "Band Of Brothers" and watch it, especially disk 3 parts 5 and 6....awesome.....!!...cya.......cj

Great bunch of people, and I get paid $13 an hour to have fun on weekends.

Please tell me you will make much, much more than that once you are deployed. Even for training they should be paying you guys more for all you do. Hell, why couldn't some of that $700 billion or whatever that went to the banks have been used as bonuses for our troops. The banks didn't do anything right with that money, I'm sure our troops could use that desperately.

I get about $13 an hour as an E-2 on drill weekend. I've got the GI Bill and kicker coming in for college, a $20k signup bonus, and of course, $225 a month for combat pay if/when my unit deploys. Active pay is pretty good too, I'll be coming out of AIT with about a grand in my saving's account alone.

Just signed up for the Navy. Was at MEPS last Thursday and Friday dealing with medical waivers. I go back to MEPS this week to swear in and sign the next four years of my life to uncle sam. I hope to be an AE (Aviation Electrician) or something similar. I will be on delayed entry so I dont expect to ship out to boot camp until around april.

• 2 months later...

Old thread, don't really care.

Yeah, I'm in the USAF right now. Been in for about 16 months straight now. Some of you know my story about my previous time with the USAF, not going to explain it.

Fun times. Looking to get my commission in a couple years.

I just got out of the marine corps this past november; spent 5 years on active duty as an 0331 (machine gunner). I spent most of my time with w/3/6 based up in north carolina; we deployed to iraq in 2005 and 2007.

old thread but saw this...

Naval corpsman typically fight side by side with their marine brothers and any smart marine loves their corpsman - hell even the not so smart ones do. :)