Amd Phenom Ii Overclocked To 6.5ghz

Rokkaholik

This just shows you stupid Intel fanboys that the Phenom II DOES Overclock nicely <_<

dude with liquid helium ANYTHING would overclock nicely so dont get this started again and who are you calling a fanboy when your rig has an intel cpu??? The only reason why I like Intel so much more then AMD is because all AMD has done is let me down in the past and intel's are alot stronger and can take alot more abuse.

This is where this whole flame war started? :blink:

Odd because he never even mentioned you in his post.

Its threads like this that make me wish we could all just sit around a bond fire and have a non-biased overclocking discussion :blush:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know at what temperature does AMD lose its overclocking power? I like the fact that I can not care if my processor gets about 60C and even slightly over 70. It still runs 100% stable, but i hear Phenom II's don't run too well at high temps. Are we talking dangerous temps or like 68C+? I know that AMD can handle colder temperatures but that doesn't matter for 99% of people on here, I want a processor to be able to handle HIGH temps. This is something that will make or break my opinion on the Phenom II's (which for now I like)

Well if your experience doesn't go back far enough to get to 939 Opterons, I'd say you need a larger sample-set before stating your condemnations.

I mean that wasn't that long ago. How many AMD chips have you had?

I believe the C2Ds were coming out at the very end of the s939 dominance. So it really wasn't that long ago.

This is where this whole flame war started? :blink:

Odd because he never even mentioned you in his post.

Its threads like this that make me wish we could all just sit around a bond fire and have a non-biased overclocking discussion :blush:

It must have started hear

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...howtopic=160750

Anyways I remember the good old days when there was a line drawn in the sand were if you wanted your computer to play games well you would buy AMD and if you used a lot of business apps or video editing you'd buy an Intel cpu.

I don't see why ever body is getting caught up in GHZ speed. I always though the most important thing is how the cpu preforms is what matters in the end.

It must have started hear

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...howtopic=160750

Anyways I remember the good old days when there was a line drawn in the sand were if you wanted your computer to play games well you would buy AMD and if you used a lot of business apps or video editing you'd buy an Intel cpu.

I don't see why ever body is getting caught up in GHZ speed. I always though the most important thing is how the cpu preforms is what matters in the end.

yeah but then those individual traits of that processor are amplified by it's overclocked ghz :P (and even some weaknesses covered up). And hence here is the OverClockers Club :lol: