Serious Issue, Nothing Displayed On Screen...

That isn't how it works if a keyboard works on 1 machine it works fine. The other rig may require special drivers but it will work on any machine.

BTW it isn't easy for a peripheral to cause a short you have to be seriously trying hard.

This isnt what i am saying though. Whatever peripheral that may be attached to the none working machine may be causing the problem. I dont know if he has tested them in the other machine. He is saying he switched the motherboards and it still didnt work. So that means he plugged the working motherboard up the all the other peripherals that were on the other machine that isnt working...i am assuming. This would mean if one of them weren causing a problem it would stop the working motherboard from functioning also is all i am saying.

And it may not be a short but any other malfunction that can happen, but you dont have to try hard, sometimes things just happen. I have experienced this on a clients machine so i know it can happen, it may not be common but part of troubleshooting is giving all suggestions you know of.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright guys and gals, did some more tinkering to no avail... Here's what went down:

All outside of case (And used BOTH PCIe Slots):

- New motherboard, new processor, new memory, old GPU. NO DISPLAY

- New motherboard, new processor, old memory, old GPU. NO DISPLAY

- New motherboard, new processor, new memory, new GPU. NO DISPLAY

- New motherboard, new processor, old memory, new GPU. NO DISPLAY

- Old motherboard, new processor, new memory, new GPU. NO DISPLAY

- Old motherboard, new processor, old memory, new GPU. NO DISPLAY

- Old motherboard, new processor, new memory, old GPU. NO DISPLAY

- Old motherboard, new processor, old memory, old GPU. NO DISPLAY

- Tried all above configs. alternating with 1 stick of RAM, then both as well.

Kind of running out of options here... Short of replacing EVERYTHING I/we cant understand what else it could be. Oh, and when referring to "new GPU" we're referring to my eVGA GeForce 8800GTS G92 (In which I'm using to write this post!). With all the above listed configurations, still nothing was displayed on the screen (Which is confirmed functional).

Edited by Mr. Patman

Ok everyone, Just got the ASUS board plugged it in and still having the same NO SHOW problem. Going to try swapping out Mr. Patman's GTS 8800 and ram to see if that makes any difference. post back later with the results of that test.