Serious Issue, Nothing Displayed On Screen...

yeah i guess you're right.

is the correct input selected on the monitor? Is there both onboard and pcie graphics?

most boards that I've come across automatically disable the onboard video once anything is inserted into the PCI-E/AGP expansion slot. I just installed an agp card for my dad who has an integrated video card and when I wiped his ati drivers off before installing the nvidia ones, I wiped them too good and wasn't able to see video within windows. I tried to use the integrated just to install the nvidia drivers but it would not function because the agp card was in there.

I was able to blind update it by running the steps in my head, phew! That could have been troublesome. (though I suppose I could have taken the card out and then installed the drivers from the integrated though most likely I would have had set everything up for a blind install anyway. Since i think the drivers would halt because they wouldn't detect any compatible hardware). That's why I always put driver installation files on my desktop and do not change the name. You never know when you will over wipe your drivers :D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Time to start from the beginning.

1. Remove the essentials from the case.
  2. Place the motherboard on a cardboard box (the motherboard box is great for this).
  3. Install the CPU.
  4. Install the heatsink.
  5. Install one DIMM of memory.
  6. Install the graphics card in the upper PCIe slot.
  7. Clear the CMOS.
  8. With the power supply unplugged and in the off position, hook up the power connections. 24 pin, 4 pin, graphics card, etc.
  9. Hook up a PS2 keyboard, or use a USB to PS2 converter...
  10. Plug in the power supply and flip the switch.
  11. Power on by temporarily shorting the two motherboard pins that you would connect to the front panel power button.
  12. Immediately hold the button to get into BIOS.

If that doesn't work, try the single memory module in a different slot. Try the graphics card in the secondary PCIe slot. Try your graphics card. Try both DVI ports.

If that doesn't work, RMA the motherboard.

Ok. Time to start from the beginning.

1. Remove the essentials from the case.
  2. Place the motherboard on a cardboard box (the motherboard box is great for this).
  3. Install the CPU.
  4. Install the heatsink.
  5. Install one DIMM of memory.
  6. Install the graphics card in the upper PCIe slot.
  7. Clear the CMOS.
  8. With the power supply unplugged and in the off position, hook up the power connections. 24 pin, 4 pin, graphics card, etc.
  9. Hook up a PS2 keyboard, or use a USB to PS2 converter...
  10. Plug in the power supply and flip the switch.
  11. Power on by temporarily shorting the two motherboard pins that you would connect to the front panel power button.
  12. Immediately hold the button to get into BIOS.

If that doesn't work, try the single memory module in a different slot. Try the graphics card in the secondary PCIe slot. Try your graphics card. Try both DVI ports.

If that doesn't work, RMA the motherboard.

With a new CPU, Memory, and Motherboard - it seems like i've basically taken those steps already... And no, I havn't flashed the BIOS because a) This is a whole new motherboard, and b) there is no video, so it'd be hard to do it...

Have you tried running the system with no peripherals attached, no keyboard, no mouse, nothing...see if you get any beeps. Depending on how the machine responds shut it down and hook just a monitor up to it and book it up with nothing else attached.

I have had a usb mouse stop me from posting before on a comp i was working on.

with that said also unplug all usb slots connected to the motherboard like front panel ones. I dont know if you ever stuck a screw driver in a USB slot but you can turn off the machine that way by creating a short. If one of your usb slots have a short some how it could be doing this as well.

I think all of the resolutions posted in the last 3-4 replies would be pretty much resolved/ruled out by switching out the motherboard which we did... Would a new 750i still require a BIOS flash? I would think probably not, right?

I think all of the resolutions posted in the last 3-4 replies would be pretty much resolved/ruled out by switching out the motherboard which we did... Would a new 750i still require a BIOS flash? I would think probably not, right?

Try everything outside of the case. put the motherboard on the box it came in and hook everything up. The evga boards have the digital post code on the board....what does it say?

I think all of the resolutions posted in the last 3-4 replies would be pretty much resolved/ruled out by switching out the motherboard which we did...

Not if your using the same peripherals. So lets say the keyboard is causing some sort of problem just for example. When you put his motherboard in your machine it works because you are using your keyboard. When you put your motherboard in his machine it doesnt work because you are using his keyboard.

So its just a suggestion that it might be a peripheral.

Not if your using the same peripherals. So lets say the keyboard is causing some sort of problem just for example. When you put his motherboard in your machine it works because you are using your keyboard. When you put your motherboard in his machine it doesnt work because you are using his keyboard.

So its just a suggestion that it might be a peripheral.

That isn't how it works if a keyboard works on 1 machine it works fine. The other rig may require special drivers but it will work on any machine.

BTW it isn't easy for a peripheral to cause a short you have to be seriously trying hard.