Air Vs Water, Please Help

mgsmid

The Xigmatek S1283 is a good cooler for the money, however it is not as good as the TRUE it only has 3 heat pipes which cannot remove as much heat as the TRUE with 4. I think each heatpipe can remove around 30 watts of heat if I remember correctly. I have 2 of Xigmatek coolers along with several TRUEs on Quads. What I hate about the TRUE is just about ever one I had to lap them to get them flat where they would perform. Another decent cooler I just bought the i7 is the Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 which also has 4 heatpipes...

The Xigmatek S1283 is a good cooler for the money, however it is not as good as the TRUE it only has 3 heat pipes which cannot remove as much heat as the TRUE with 4. I think each heatpipe can remove around 30 watts of heat if I remember correctly. I have 2 of Xigmatek coolers along with several TRUEs on Quads. What I hate about the TRUE is just about ever one I had to lap them to get them flat where they would perform. Another decent cooler I just bought the i7 is the Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 which also has 4 heatpipes...

This is true, but you forgot, the heat moves faster in the Xigmatek, the heat pipes touch the processor, which is why the Xigmatek is just about the same in sooling as the TRUE.

This is true, but you forgot, the heat moves faster in the Xigmatek, the heat pipes touch the processor, which is why the Xigmatek is just about the same in sooling as the TRUE.

This is true, but I cant get mine to equal the TRUE. I have tried several times remounting and applying the paste differently. It is close to the TRUE but not as good for me anyway...

This is true, but I cant get mine to equal the TRUE. I have tried several times remounting and applying the paste differently. It is close to the TRUE but not as good for me anyway...

fellas, fellas. He only wants to get to 3.33ghz, a stock intel cooler could even do that :lol: