Beta Testing Cooler Master's V10 Hybrid Tec Cooler

slugbug

I was among a handful of beta testers selected to test Cooler Master's upcoming V10 Hybrid TEC cooler. We have been given the green light to post pics and some details so here I go.

Installation hardware is included for AMD, Intel LGA775 and 1366.

The TEC has a standard 4 pin molex power connector and draws 70 watts of power at full load.

The overall weight is 1200g and dimensions are (L x W x H) 236.5 x 129.6 x 161.3mm. It has a copper base, aluminum fins and 10 heatpipes.

I cannot divulge the price as I am still under the NDA for that.

picture019op7.jpg

picture020ws2.jpg

The rear portion of the cooler hangs over the DIMM slots and users with certain brand of tall ram may experience issues like I did. The heatpipes go up at a slight angle so there is a bit more clearance at the outside slots. As you can see the OCZ Hyper X ram I own was much too tall and I had to swap it for some G Skill I had in reserve.

picture014fm5.jpg

picture010tj4.jpg

picture006qd2.jpg

picture013hn3.jpg

Final install pics:

picture002aw8.jpg

picture004ud5.jpg

Testing:

stockloadrx7.jpg

load3ghzpu2.jpg

The alternative ram I had would not allow me to achieve a higher stable overclock no matter how many extra volts I tried. I did manage to boot into Windows at 3.6ghz, ran Prime 95 briefly and noted load temps of 60c. Windows then blue screened before I could take a screen shot :(

By the way, you'll notice my 12v+ is shown as 10.91V. This seems to be a glitch with Everest as the true voltage is actually within specs.

Edited by slugbug

Wow, that's a monster of a CPU cooler. Does that thing cool the ram too, or what's the deal with the fan over the ram? Can you get a pic of the underside of that beast?

Yes, there's a 120mm fan over the rear heatpipes that do an awesome job of cooling your ram. I'll post a pic one of the other testers took. I'm sure he won't mind.

dsc00163dd7.jpg

You should have been able to overclock your CPU more considering the specs of that G.Skill memory.

Yea it should do 400 anyway, that would put you at 3.6Ghz. Get it on up there I would like to see some temps with 1.5 vcore...