Windows 7

d3bruts1d

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2.4gig for x86 and 3.15gig for x64 bit....

I have been fooling with this all day still trying to get WMC to see .avi files...went from Divx to Xvid with AC3 filter and Core AVC for .mkv files....

if I click on the D: drive it wont pick up any files but DVD but if I open the D: section amd manually check the individual movies it will take them...very slow to go though...

learned the trick to speed up networking and adding the spare drives to the index to rebuild the indexing for all drives...speeds up the OS quite a bit...:)

torrent works fine...it's the same

for me....

So far....

X64 isnt worth the hassle...just for the networking issues couple that with WMC and WMP issues...

I cannot get WMP to play on anything other than 2 channel which is the same in any version of Vista i have....only version of windows that does work right is XPpro 32/64 bit....although I do like the option for xp64's WMP to fade the console dock...thats very nice...

I has been very painfill to get music into the player without jumping through hoops and hurdles...I have finally gotten it but it has made WMP slow and at times non-respsonsive....

for WMC this has been just plain ugly....I installed the Divx pack with the AC3filter and got WMC to see all my movies by adding a folder in the library and checking the D: drive...this loaded all the movies in just fine but once I closed the app and reopened it the movie were gone....nothing would bring them back either...

uninstalled Divx and went with Xvid and a seperate AC3filter and Core AVC for .mkv files...

Clicking on the D: drive in the library to add the folder did nothing...but if I manually opened the driver inside WMC and clicked every movie in groups of 100 i could the them all loaded...I did that several times and got all the movies loaded and even tried them out...by this time WMC is gettiing very slow and at times freezes and becomes non-responsive...but would finally come around.

One thing I noticed is once you start a movie hitting the stop button would just do the same as pause...and the player would freeze again...seems like 2 minutes or more and then ding and come back....I closed the player out after it came back and loaded it up again only to realize all the movies were gone from the library again...I give up..I am not messing with this version anymore...x64 is toast to me...

I am moving on to x86 at the strong advice from another source (Steavis) and I will ring it through he ringer as well...

Doing the network tweak did speed up the networking drastically and adding the spare drives to the index and rebuilding and re-indexing them seeked to help as well....but it didnt fix anything...

Speaking of WMP... does anyone know how to make it actively monitor folders? I have all the PCs in my house looking at my music drive on the network, but most of the time I have to manually go in and add the folder into the library again for it to pick up any new music I've put on it.

Speaking of WMP... does anyone know how to make it actively monitor folders? I have all the PCs in my house looking at my music drive on the network, but most of the time I have to manually go in and add the folder into the library again for it to pick up any new music I've put on it.
This is for WMP 9 (may work on others, I'm not sure though because I hate the new ones)
  • Open your media library
  • Click 'Add' on the top of the sceen
  • Click 'By Monitoring Folders'
  • Chose the folders you wish to monitor

It does state not to monitor shared/networked drives however...

Edited by Andrewr05

I just installed Windows 7 beta using Virtual PC 2007. I only did this because I don't have an extra hard drive or computer to install it on.

So far it seems to run faster then windows vista.

I tried some copying of files that seemed to go faster then vista.

I will say more later.

well so far its running great on my system. Not that expected it not too, i mean vista ran fine for me so. My only problems so far had been the the print spooler seems to crash and i cannot install my printer till its running. I can run the troubleshooter and it starts it back up but only to crash again. Kinda annoying my printer wont work but it is beta. i just wish i knew what to do to correct the problem

They're saying 2.5 million keys, hopefully they'll release more now that they know theres enough hype to kill the servers

Microsoft did exactly what you asked for - they've lifted the cap until January 24. After that, if they've reached the 2.5 million mark then you're stuck with the 30-day trial (or a workaround). But seeing as everyone is saying there are only 5-6 unique keys...