Occ Wants You To Join Our Folding@home Team!

Nemo

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run Windows 7 on them, you will definitely see an increase.

What kind of PPD and frame times are you getting in FAHMON on the SMP work units with 7 and what clocks are you running?

Edit: Nevermind I see your running AMD hard to compare apples to oranges. BTW use Linux and you will get max PPD...

Strange thing with my GTX 260 while folding, when doing so it emitis beeps, around a second or so apart. During each beep progress is done and keeps in tune with the beep. My performance during games like FarCry 2 and Crysis is great, along with benching with 3D Mark 06, so I'm not too worried. All the same... should I be concerned?

Sorry to be a pest, but does anyone have ideas on this?

@Road-Runner, on XP 64, I got about 20ish iter/sec whatever that is, on Vista I get about 200-250 iter/sec. I am not sure I know what I am talking about though, but I think I do.

My phenom is clocked from 2.2 to 2.8, with only a small boost on my GPU.

@Road-Runner, on XP 64, I got about 20ish iter/sec whatever that is, on Vista I get about 200-250 iter/sec. I am not sure I know what I am talking about though, but I think I do.

My phenom is clocked from 2.2 to 2.8, with only a small boost on my GPU.

Here is what I get according to Fahmon with i7 @ 3.8Ghz running dual SMP clients with Ubuntu, no vmware. I get right at 8,000 PPD total running dual SMP clients with a 4Ghz Q9650...

Project : 2671

Core : SMP Gromacs CVS

Frames : 100

Credit : 1920

-- i7-920 #1 --

Avg. Time / Frame : 5mn 39s - 4893.45 ppd

-- i7-920 #2 --

Avg. Time / Frame : 5mn 20s - 5184.00 ppd

I'm not bragging.... I just saying that it goes much faster on Windows 7 than XP or Vista.

You also have "35" active processors in the last 30 days. Good lord.

For me that would be like...... Heaven.

Do you let your computers sleep in your bed too?

Edited by Kuronin

I'm not bragging.... I just saying that it goes much faster on Windows 7 than XP or Vista.

I think he was just pointing out that it runs better on Linux. I notice that my Opty 170 gets about the same PPD as the Q6600.

Not bragging here either was just trying to compare, with folding at home the only way we really have to keep track of performance is points per day so that is how comparisons are done using fahmon to monitor clients. Of course if you are only running one client 24/7 then you can just look at the EOC folding stats page and see what the daily average. I also run 2 smp clients on each quad so every quad will be show as 2 cpus, and then there are the video cards. I still have no idea how much windows 7 is doing on you rig other than EOC and max points one day for you is 1321. An E6600 dual core will do more than that by its self, with Linux around 2,500 ppd. You are running the smp client right?

No, that was with the GPU client. So I decided to see if what you said was true, so I took one of my spare rigs (Celeron 440 w/8600GT OC) and booted up Fedora on it. I downloaded the client started following the directions, then it got hard, then I got bored and gave up.

ADD, I has it.