Occ Wants You To Join Our Folding@home Team!

Nemo

Okay guys, I've decided to start folding. For now I'm only going to run the CPU client until I get back to my dorm (free elctricity :D) and then I'll run the GPU2 client as well. But I want to make sure I have this correct. After I download the client from the link given in our Folding@home page, I don't have to put in any team number right? Or do I? Just wanting to make sure my credit is being counted for the team.

Thanks.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys, I've decided to start folding. For now I'm only going to run the CPU client until I get back to my dorm (free elctricity :D) and then I'll run the GPU2 client as well. But I want to make sure I have this correct. After I download the client from the link given in our Folding@home page, I don't have to put in any team number right? Or do I? Just wanting to make sure my credit is being counted for the team.

Thanks.

The first time you run the client it will ask for your user name and team number. We are 12772

The first time you run the client it will ask for your user name and team number. We are 12772

Thanks, I was confused by this in the instructions:

2. For Windows users, all you need to do is run the setup file and enter in your username when it asks for it. For Mac and Linux users when you first run the either client, you will be asked for your user name. Enter in your username that you use on Overclockers Club. It is case sensitive, so make sure it is correct.

So, I put in the team number and I think I've been added to the team. Now, i have one other question. My processor seems to be spreading the 100% load across all 4 cores. How do I make all 4 cores run at 100% each?

It's simple to install in windows, yet they made it unnecessarily difficult to install in Linux.

SMP folding was quicker to install for me in Linux. Just copy and paste the commands into a terminal and you're good to go.

To malmsteen: create a shortcut on your desktop and add the smp flag like this.

"C:\file location " -smp

SMP folding was quicker to install for me in Linux. Just copy and paste the commands into a terminal and you're good to go.

:withstupid: I was going to post the same thing earlier and got side tracked (one of my computers fell out the bed). Yea there is no installing involved for the folding client, just be sure your running a 64 bit variant of Linux and install 32 bit libraries, run the ./fah6 with -smp

:withstupid: I was going to post the same thing earlier and got side tracked (one of computers feel out the bed). Yea there is no installing involved for the folding client, just be sure your running a 64 bit variant of Linux and install 32 bit libraries, run the ./fah6 with -smp

Oh, I need a 64 bit version of Linux? What do you recommend? I was thinking Sabayon, Ubuntu or Mandriva.

Oh, I need a 64 bit version of Linux? What do you recommend? I was thinking Sabayon, Ubuntu or Mandriva.

Ubuntu 8.04 is what I use, 8.10 for some reason gets less PPD is what is reported in the folding forums...