Need Help With A Wc Rig

J2k

Not sure about fitting it in the case, I have not used a case for water cooling. Get at least 10' of tubing. I just use distilled water only and PT_Nuke Concentrated Biocide. The only time you really need a corrosion preventive like antifreeze is when mixing metals like copper and aluminum. Dyes will stain your tubing, you will notice it if when you drain your system, some people complain about it...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really want to start of with a kit, I want some that I can build and get a fair idea of everything so I can learn a bit more.

ok, I'll stay away from dyes then.

Edited by J2k

Be careful buying a kit most are junk, of course you can look on the web and find someone giving it a great review regardless as with anything else, the only kits I would recommend are some of the ones from Petras...

It will probably stain the tubing also, not that it really hurts people just freak out latter on down the road when they drain the system and see the tubing stained. I used pentosin on mine and it stained it. When I was redoing my system I just put knew tubing on it, I had ordered some extra tubing anyway...

Just to clear something up... both those pumps are mfg by Laing... Swiftech rebadges them as the MCP655, but it's the same part. (Laing D5). Danger Den and D-Tek also rebadge them as their own.

You'll find that the D5 has a little more power, with less noise than the DDC (Which swiftech also rebadges as the MCP350), even with the aftermarket tops. Petra's Tech Shop did a bunch of testing and that came out as a result. Having used both myself, including the 2nd gen top from Petra, The D5 does a lot better, but you want to get the D5-38/810N model number (Swiftech MCP655 is usually this model or better), because you can dial down the speed to make it quieter, and you won't notice much difference in temp between the 3-5 setting, but you'll notice it gets a LOT quieter. Plus, you can get something like this: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ind...oducts_id=24668 B:) Do a search for D5 over there at PPCs and you'll find some different brackets for mounting too.

FluidXP (I think performancepcs.com has it in stock) is UV reactive, comes in a few different colors, and it's non-conductive and all that, that's what I use, it's great... have had an accident or two and not lost any hardware...

As far as sticking a Radiator and Fans int he front of a stacker... there's nothing a dremel can't fix :P I hear if you take the HDD cage out a 240 rad will fit vertically if you only have 1 Optical drive... but I don't have an 830, so I can't tell you for sure.

What about adding it to the side panel? http://virtualrain.blogspot.com/2006/10/ra...tealth-240.html