Overclocking On An Amd Athlon X2 5200+

Baulten

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm pretty sure that the HT link frequency is just that the Ht link frequency. The HT link does not like to be messed with alot. That could be why you are unstable right now. I mean x5 sounds like a low multiplier on that cpu. your cpuz also shows that your multi is at 13.5 not 5.

Er, I meant that I think the HT Link Frequency option is equivalent to the HT Multiplier. The CPU multiplier is locked on this (It's not a black edition). Right now my HT Link is running at 920 Mhz. If I left the option where it was before (1 GHz), I'd be at 1150 Mhz HT Link.

System seems rock stable at 3.1 GHz. I'm gonna run a test overnight and see if it really is 100% stable.

OCCT or Orthos is fine...

for stability at higher frequencies like 3.2ghz to 3.6ghz the HT must scale as well...

at 3.4ghz most prefer HTT in the 1300mhz range...

So I should have the HT Link up around there? I wasn't sure on this and couldn't find concrete answers. I'd read half that said basically let it go up and other half that said lower the multiplier so it doesn't get too high. I'll see what happens when I have it set to 5x. It's a 4x right now, running the HT Link at 920. I'd be at around 1200 at 5x.

One other question. What kind of temperatures are safe on the northbridge? Mine's running at 52C right now while stressing w/ Prime95.

So I should have the HT Link up around there? I wasn't sure on this and couldn't find concrete answers. I'd read half that said basically let it go up and other half that said lower the multiplier so it doesn't get too high. I'll see what happens when I have it set to 5x. It's a 4x right now, running the HT Link at 920. I'd be at around 1200 at 5x.

One other question. What kind of temperatures are safe on the northbridge? Mine's running at 52C right now while stressing w/ Prime95.

you'll find better stability at those frequencies....at 1200mhz htt

you'll find better stability at those frequencies....at 1200mhz htt

I completely agree. Try getting your HTT up and see if that doesn't increase your stability. Most guides you read give conservative numbers or fail safes to try, they aren't really meant for pushing a chip really hard and fast. The only time I've seen a chip scale extremely well on a sub 1K HTT was the PII 940 I have sitting here, it's the only way to get past the cold bug and just seems to keep flying.

If playing with the HTT doesn't get you more stability then its time to really start tweaking all of your other voltages, if you haven't already. Normally the last few MHz are the hardest to get

I completely agree. Try getting your HTT up and see if that doesn't increase your stability. Most guides you read give conservative numbers or fail safes to try, they aren't really meant for pushing a chip really hard and fast. The only time I've seen a chip scale extremely well on a sub 1K HTT was the PII 940 I have sitting here, it's the only way to get past the cold bug and just seems to keep flying.

If playing with the HTT doesn't get you more stability then its time to really start tweaking all of your other voltages, if you haven't already. Normally the last few MHz are the hardest to get

Well, I was able to get it stable for an hour stress test @ 3.22 GHz by upping the voltage to 1.44 and the HTT at a little below 1200. I can't seem to get error free up to 3.27, and I can't get into windows past that. I suspect memory timings/voltage to be the issue.

And stop teasing. PII 940... must... have... <_<