Bad Result For E7300?

QuantumX

I am wondering what kind of overclocking can be reached with a E7300. I've seen many overclocks on the web where people are getting 4GHz+. I overclocked mine, but could only get it as high as 3.83GHz to run 3DMark06, any higher than that and the system hangs during the benchmark. I ran it at 1.36V. I have the stock cooler installed.

Should I get a better cooler, and will it make a big difference? Or did I just get a bad overclocker?

BTW, I have a p5q deluxe mobo and corsair 800mhz ddr2 dhx

E7300 4GHz+:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core2duo-e7300-pdc-e5200_11.html#sect0

post-64306-1230483800_thumb.png

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea man new cooler would do you some good. dunno how you got it that far on the stock cooling LOL

Now that I realized the actual result I agree that it is a big OC already. I mean thats 1107MHz over stock, 44%.

But I guess I had my sights set on 4GHz. :D

Any suggestions for a good performance/price ratio cooler

Edited by QuantumX

That looks pretty good. My 7200 would not budge over 4ghz even with a massive increase and volts while water cooled

:withstupid:

Lets just say while I was using my E7200 for Forum Warz it took 1.6V to get my E7200 at 4.4GHz :rolleyes:

Is that 65 degrees on load?

You could expect a bit more from it with a new cooler I say go for it. 1.39V on stock cooler is also pretty harsh.

I actually only run it at this voltage when I run 3DMark. For 24/7 use I leave the voltage setting on auto in the BIOS and run it at 3.4GHz(400X8). the BIOS auto adjusts the voltage to 1.32V. At these settings I get temps of about 55 degrees when running Prime95, and at highest 50 degrees when gaming.

• 2 months later...

I've saved quite a while now, need only a little more money for a Thermalright ultra-120 extreme. Hopefully this can get me past 4GHz, maybe even 24/7 stability at 4GHz. . . Just can't wait anymore!