OS Advancement

Paranoid

What is the biggest advance as far as OS's go?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What is the biggest advance as far as OS's go?

• MS-DOS
    • Windows 1.0
    • Windows 2.0
    • Windows 3.0 - 3.11
    • Windows 95
    • Windows 98
    • Windows 2000
    • Windows ME
    • Windows XP
    • Linux
    • Unix
    • Mac OS X

I vote 2000. Mainly cause it was the first "mainstream" nt core that, as we all know, is the best advancement in windows since, well, since forever ;) Also, it spawned the best IMHO operating system of all time, windows xp pro corporate edition :)

Besides unix, Mac os x has been a big jump, swithching over to a unix based os was a big leep foward!! I hate mac but at least there os does not freez as often

"macintosh" Most Aplications Crash If Not The Operation System Hangs

found that on this sight lol :D

I vote 2000. Mainly cause it was the first "mainstream" nt core that, as we all know, is the best advancement in windows since, well, since forever ;) Also, it spawned the best IMHO operating system of all time, windows xp pro corporate edition :)

this is what i voted for too, and i love my windows xp pro corp edit. :D :D :D

:withstupid: I also voted for Win2k. I am not as familiar with older versions of Unix, so I just based my decision on Microsoft products. And Win2k was the first one that I wasn't consistently swearing at. It was nice a stable, offered a better file system than before and was not built off of a DOS environment trying to run a gui as well. A nice advancement for Microsoft for sure.

:withstupid:

i got afraid so i dont use corp version anymore lol.

but i voted 2000 also because its the most reliable "modern" windows os.