Corsair 750w Enough???

I know the Corsair 750w is a good unit, a few buddies have them and they get raving reviews but im worried about it being enough to run my 2 2900XTs. Ati recommends at least a 750w to run them both and im getting conflicting reports from various reviews on how much power they actually use. Ive seen one review that burned out a couple good brand 750w units and one review that said the system with overclocked cards was milking 575w which would lead me to belive the Corsair would be enough. Any thoughts on whether Ill be ok with the Corsair or not??? I can get it for $99 at ZZF $84 after the rebate which is half the price of the Antec 850w im looking at as an alternative. The antec 1000w was $159.99 shipped last night but I didnt get it in time and they bumped the price back up to $229.99.

Edited by troy5061

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of my friends and I are running a HX-620W. It handles 2x 4870s with a quad core processor. So the 750W would easily handle what you want to throw in :P But as Yootsy said, if you don't feel like it will be enough go get the HX-1000 and watch your equipment cower before it!

Thanks for all the help guys!!!

The Antec Truepower Quattro 1000w is $179.99 shipped on Newegg vs the Corsair at $119.99 shipped so I guess its going to comedown to how much I value $60.00.