Hardcore Computer's Reactor Pc

putittogether

Ok, The Reactor is the first commercially available liquid submerged PC. The problem for many of us, is that the cost $3500 for the base model. If we (enthusiast) could buy just the case and the MB, they would sell a LOT of cases. And intern Hardcore Computer would sell more full systems because we would be promoting the system by just having one. People look to us (the nerd in the family) for their PC buying choices, and general follow our recommendations.

However at this time Hardcore Computers does not sell just the case and MB. After blogging about this over the weekend, we came to the conclusion (after hours of debate online) that it would help Hardcore Computing with brand identity, brand integrity, and brand awareness, with very little risk assumed by Hardcore Computing.

So I called Hardcore Computing this morning and talked to the CEO. Turns out, they have discussed this very issue and decided not to sell the case and MB only at this time but left it open for latter review. Well the CEO after speaking with me, will readdress this issue with top management. I think I made a clear argument for selling the case and MB only, and it appeared he listened.

What are your thoughts on this? Would it help or hurt Hardcore Computing to do this?

Edited by putittogether

It's really up to them whether they want to sell it seperately or not. I'm sure if anyone had the money they would buy it. What they did in terms of renewing cooling for commerical cases, is amazing. I'm waiting to see what kind of benchmarks this case will set vs other cheaper cooling setups. They probably make a lot more money selling whole computers vs just the case/mobo/psu combo.

Edited by Krazyxazn

they lie the PC is not submerged, only the board. the cpu and video card is water cooled on a closed loop.

all you have to do is get a watercooled system going. seal off a case and fill it with oil and save over 2k.

they lie the PC is not submerged, only the board. the cpu and video card is water cooled on a closed loop.

all you have to do is get a watercooled system going. seal off a case and fill it with oil and save over 2k.

Possible, but the design of Hardcore Computing is much easier on the eyes. Plus their idea of being able to pull up the motherboard tray out of the liquid to allow easy access and change of hardware. I have yet to see anyone do that before.

I dont think the CPU and GPU's are on a water cooled loop. I think it is looped with the coolant in the case. It is not really a loop. It is a directional flow system.

I think it would help the company to sell the case and mb separately. How many people are going to buy that computer for $3-5000? None of us. But if they sold just the case, I think we'd see quite a few pick it up. Now I'm sure they'd charge around $1000 for the case alone, so I wouldn't buy it, but if it were reasonably priced, then I would certainly consider it.

That's quite possibly the lamest, most overpriced, ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

facepalm.jpg

:withstupid:

Besides it really would not make a differnce in sales (my hypothesis). People would continue to buy their own components, case, liquid cooling accessories.

You are literally paying for a hassle. I would hate to swap out and clean a liquid submerged setup.

Edited by damian

:withstupid:

Besides it really would not make a differnce in sales (my hypothesis). People would continue to buy their own components, case, liquid cooling accessories.

You are literally paying for a hassle. I would hate to swap out and clean a liquid submerged setup.

You don't have to clean out the coolant at all. Once its in there, there is no maintence unless you spill something in it or get it dirty. Some of it may spill out if you open it too fast, like on G4. They do offer replacement coolant to refill it if you spilled some. I think the people against this haven't even throughly read the features of this case. Your agruing against things that aren't there.