Good Res?

Ghost2520

Are theses reservoirs, the ones that fit in drive bays good (leak proof)? I would like one that fits in a bay. Does it matter at all if I get a dual bay or a single bay? Do I really need the extra water? Thanks. If you can recommend a better res for under $50 then please do.

I would buy either a DTek or DangerDen Rez, they're both real high quality and hardly ever leak. The dual bay rez isn't neccesary, but it is a good thing to have if you have the room. Another thing to look at is the ports. You can get them with 2 or 4 ports on them, the 4 port is perfect if you have or have plans for a multiple block system. Good choice on the rez, it's the easiest when it comes to filling and bleeding the system.

The phrase hardly ever leaks isnt to reassuring.

hehe, I know. This is why I said that:

Most of the cracked and leaky rez's that I have seen were caused by user error, not design or manufacturing flaws. You have to install the fittings properly or it will crack and eventually leak. I've seen plenty of guys try to jam a brass fittings in a plexi or lexan rez, only to see it crack and they blame the manufacturer.

I should have said that "if prepared and installed right" they will never leak, but it installed wrong and improperly, they will be nothing but problems.

EDIT: Yes Ghost. It will come with plugs when you buy it. You don't have to use all the ports if you don't want to.

Edited by Nuclear

... should I use those plastic clips to secure the tubing to the holes? Also does dangerden make good radiators?

You can use the plastic style double clamps with no problem. I prefer to use the metal screw type, they easy to take off and hold a very secure fit. Either one will work though, you just need some type of hose clamp on your tubes.

Danger Den's Rad's are pretty good. If your gonna buy a rad though, I'd go with the DTek Customs ProCore and 120MM Shroud. It's a pre-modded chevette heater core that will accept a 120MM fan on each side for a push/pull config. Buying a rad and shroud will blow your budget though :(