Best Cooler For 8800gt?

Tazul

Hi i just wanted to know what the best cooler for an 8800GT is since mine is overclocked and goes to 80C while playing crysis.

Thanks in advance.

I ran my Asus 8800GT (700/1750) on the stock cooler for little under a day, decided that thing was too loud, got an Accelero S1 Rev. 2 without the turbo module, ran that for 2 days, realised you could fry a steak on the heatsink and finally zip-tied a 120 on there :lol:

have you looked into speeding up the stock heatsink fan? mine would thermally shut down if i tried to play anything on it, but i bumped the fan speed up to 100% all the time, and nothing can get my card above 72C. Running at 736/1791/1054

have you looked into speeding up the stock heatsink fan? mine would thermally shut down if i tried to play anything on it, but i bumped the fan speed up to 100% all the time, and nothing can get my card above 72C. Running at 736/1791/1054

mine is one 100% too but why am i getting such high temps oh and i use rivatuner by the way

Good airflow in your case can help you drop temperatures by a sufficient amount :)

yeah, mine dropped a few when i put an Ultra Kaze fan in the front blowing directly into my card.

also, the 8800GT's are easily enough taken apart. and to reseat the heatsink is a piece of cake. I've actually done it to my card, two cards for a friend, and another card for a roommate. just unscrew the 7 or 8 screws in the card that hold in the heat sink assembly and pull it off. clean both the GPU and HS base with isopropyl (sp?) alcohol and replace the thermal paste. I prefer arctic cooling's MX-2, others prefer AS5. whatever floats your boat. but yeah it definitely dropped temps a few degrees.