The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

I drove a 2010 V6...it was a total PIG. I hated it. Even at $8k under NADA...I didn't buy it. It made nice noises when I stomped on it but when I'm bored between shifts? Yeah, not gonna buy it. :lol:

A mustang is meant to be a V8. :lol: The new V6 has some power compared to the old one, but its still a V6. I did meet a guy with a procharged 2011 V6, his car is a MONSTER. Bored between shifts? Get the manual and toss in a MGW short throw shifter.

But yeah. 5.0 Mustang? Fast as hell.

Edited by Onion

Bored between shifts? Get the manual and toss in a MGW short throw shifter.

A short throw shifter won't fix the "umm...am I ever going to get to 50 MPH?" feeling of that car. :lol: It's just slow. 4000+ pounds and slow. My mom's Dodge Grand Caravan (3.8L V6) would beat it in a 0-60 race. :lol:

A short throw shifter won't fix the "umm...am I ever going to get to 50 MPH?" feeling of that car. :lol: It's just slow. 4000+ pounds and slow. My mom's Dodge Grand Caravan (3.8L V6) would beat it in a 0-60 race. :lol:

Well its a V6 in a car designed to have a V8. What did you expect? The shifter is just for the shifts, which the automatic doesn't do too well.

Even the GT isn't "fast". When my little 2L Cobalt can outrun one to 60...they've grown a bit too heavy. :P

They've become really comfy and large, yeah. Kind of like a classic muscle car.

The 5.0 has a LOT of weight you can strip off of it though, you can drop it to a fair weight pretty easily.

5.0 foxbody though, I think I'd take one of those over anything for racing. Drag racing, that is. Big power, straight line, etc.

Edited by Onion

Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Stereo Headphones

ASUS Xonar DG

Beyerdynamic Velour ear pads

Someone bought the used Xonar DG for $15, while I was waiting for my gift card to come in. :( Bought the retail one for $30, $20 AMIR.

Got these the other day. The stock pleather pads really suck. Not comfortable and poor seal. These headphones look closed, but there are vents behind the swivel arm, so they leak sound quite a bit on higher volumes. Getting on the velour pads took a bit of stretching and pulling, but its on there and I don't think it's going to come off anytime soon. The velour pads def improved comfort-ability and noise isolation (still not the best headphones for that, semi-open anyways).

After about 5 hours burn in, these headphones started to change sound for the better. It's probably around 20-30 range now. They are bassy. I was playing GW2 yesterday and turned on Dolby Headphone with 6 channels. Every melee hit in that game sounded so satisfying it was unbelievable. I'm starting to enjoy these more than my DT 770 Pro. They probably aren't good for competitive gaming, but regular listening these are pretty sweet for only $30 + upgrade pads. Best $30 I've ever spent on audio.