The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

12" subs for teh tiger. :D Powered by a 450W amp to make boom boom!! Mounted infinite baffle behind the rear seat -- SOUNDS AWESOME...

Now to figure out those rattles...simple answer -- foam. lol. Until then, just turn it up louder!!!

hahaha

I guess I didn't really buy them -- but I did take them off Waco's hands...don't think the miata can support this raw AWESOME!!

It's not a V8. :lol:

BP now has my subs in her car. Goodbye 10 Hz monsters. :(

VW GTI - 2 liter turbo - 3" downpipe. :whistling:

I bought a $45 groupon for my brother and I to go go-kart sometime this summer. I also bought a $500 dollar plane ticket to California and paid my $520 speeding ticket. I'm broke now. :(

Edited by Onion

VW GTI - 2 liter turbo - 3" downpipe. :whistling:

Did you miss the Turbo part? Of course it has a huge exhaust. :lol: Any turbo car without an adequate exhaust is just wasting free power.

Edit: I thought your ticket was like $400?

Did you miss the Turbo part? Of course it has a huge exhaust. :lol: Any turbo car without an adequate exhaust is just wasting free power.

Edit: I thought your ticket was like $400?

Yeah but I also elected to take the driving school so that I don't get points on my license and my insurance doesn't go up.

Also, the GTI is so under-tuned that it's ridiculous. A $500 ECU reflash from APR (one of the more expensive companies) will bump up the power from 200 to 250 and the torque from 200 to maybe 270. I'm not too sure on the exact figures because it varies a lot, but it's about that much of a boost, which is massive. The car could probably be fine if it was with the stock tune and a smaller downpipe.

Edited by Onion

Yeah but my point stands - NA cars don't need the crazy low backpressure that Turbo cars do. Even 2" pipe is nearly overkill for the Miata. :lol:

Yeah but my point stands - NA cars don't need the crazy low backpressure that Turbo cars do. Even 2" pipe is nearly overkill for the Miata. :lol:

It's all about exhaust velocity, not backpressure.

It's all about exhaust velocity, not backpressure.

Before the turbo, yes. After the turbo the less backpressure the better.

Right?

And bigger pipes doesn't always mean more velocity.

I know, that's why I think ricers with their 4" exhausts have cars that run like crap. The fumes don't have enough velocity to leave the pipes and it may get absorbed during the next cycle.

Before the turbo, yes. After the turbo the less backpressure the better.

Right?

Look up "dispelling the backpressure myth" on google.